Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 04-04-2019 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116178)
LTA? That’s an obvious giveaway.

Lol DSTA and A*Star come to my mind first

Unregistered 04-04-2019 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116250)
Lol DSTA and A*Star come to my mind first

And they are considered big SBs?

Unregistered 05-04-2019 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116181)
No wonder lta pays 6666 for a grad am. Hahhaap

who say? 2nd class upper NUS no NS here. 3.5k starting pay.

Unregistered 05-04-2019 08:40 PM

anyone knows whats the MX grade of a assistant director in the ministries (e.g. mewr, mnd, mot)?

Unregistered 05-04-2019 10:04 PM

notice period

Currently serving my notice period of 1 month, have quite a few days of leave to clear but my head don't want to approve the leave i booked and wants me to be present for full notice period.

I prefer to go on leave to attend to personal matters before i start my new job - Am I entitled to insist i want to clear my leave? I do not want to encash my leave.

Unregistered 05-04-2019 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116357)
who say? 2nd class upper NUS no NS here. 3.5k starting pay.

just kidding.

i heard LTA gives free transportation about 100/mth?

oh wow, then a first class NUS is hovering around 3.7 these days? i tot it would be more!

Unregistered 06-04-2019 07:55 AM

Then just stay and provide support.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116369)
Currently serving my notice period of 1 month, have quite a few days of leave to clear but my head don't want to approve the leave i booked and wants me to be present for full notice period.

I prefer to go on leave to attend to personal matters before i start my new job - Am I entitled to insist i want to clear my leave? I do not want to encash my leave.

Unregistered 06-04-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116379)
just kidding.

i heard LTA gives free transportation about 100/mth?

oh wow, then a first class NUS is hovering around 3.7 these days? i tot it would be more!

Maybe. But with NS probably will get 4k plus minus.
Yes for the free transporatation. =)
Btw, I heard govtech had the most attractive payscale follow by dsta, lta etc.

Unregistered 06-04-2019 03:32 PM

Please help calculate annual package

salary 12
'13th month' 1
mid year 0.5
end year 1
C grade 1.3

HI, fresh grad here, quite inexperienced in salary matters. A Ministry HR has made a verbal offer of 3k. So my total package based on annual, I can just multiply by 15.8? So my annual package based on minimum C grade is 47k? I know that to compare properly with other private companies must see the annual package.

Thank you!

Unregistered 06-04-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116434)
salary 12
'13th month' 1
mid year 0.5
end year 1
C grade 1.3

HI, fresh grad here, quite inexperienced in salary matters. A Ministry HR has made a verbal offer of 3k. So my total package based on annual, I can just multiply by 15.8? So my annual package based on minimum C grade is 47k? I know that to compare properly with other private companies must see the annual package.

Thank you!

Since you’re a fresh grad, shouldn’t your focus be to learn as much as possible, and as quickly as possible? Instead you choose to be so fixated on salary? And annual package? Why join the public service in the first place?

When I was your age, I was more concerned about not being able to learn fast enough. Or not being able to produce quality work. Salary was secondary.

If you’re really concerned over the annual package - go be a Property Agent or sth! You’re not going to find riches in service.

Millennial.