Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 02-04-2019 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTA-jobseeker (Post 115995)
Hi

I am a freshgrad expecting a FCH from a local university. Can I ask how much LTA is paying for male graduates in HQ (office) roles?

$5,000. If you did NS - $5,500

Unregistered 02-04-2019 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116012)

I would have thought it would be 5900 as starter.

Unregistered 03-04-2019 12:33 AM

Oh wow

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115966)
I was from a MNC, not working on any government related project. Was lucky to have a boss that appreciate my work but unfortunately the company is not doing well and major top manegement reorg is taking place. Hence, decided to look around. joining SB is by coincidence as there is a suitable opening. Still very new in SB and trying to adapt to the culture. Need more time to see if this is the right place for me.

* pray hard *

I never heard of people from mnc go to public sector avoided pay cut. You are one lucky fella, or graduated from a top tier school from overseas first class hons / MBA / PhD such that their formula calculate until become "headhunted"

Unless the salary you indicated by the SB is the gross annual package all in, divided by 12.

Will keep you in my prayer buddy.

Unregistered 03-04-2019 12:44 AM

Timing matters

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116010)
No. Not when you tender. If you want to bargain, you should do so when they can do something. Such as in Dec/Jan when MI and PB being finalised. They will give you some goodies if they want to keep you. Or they will not if they think you are dispensable.

Timing is important. Voice out during appraisal with your RO. However it's a double edge sword. My previous ro in SB told me that he will disregard my mention of leaving as there is a loyalty index. Due to reorg, lower loyalty index means high risk of contract not renewed.

However, if you have good projects that bring in revenue, can easily get all the increment and promotion. you want.

Unregistered 03-04-2019 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116016)
I would have thought it would be 5900 as starter.

Wow LTA paying so much these days? Damn i need to search their career page hahah

Unregistered 03-04-2019 12:57 AM

Seriously...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116012)

I really wonder if this range is jokingly typed to troll. Nobody pays $500 more because of NS. If you say Master degree worth 500 I may believe.

My friend 3 years exp, average hons, w NS 3800 per month. Works till 10pm sometimes and sometimes 7 days a week.

Unregistered 03-04-2019 02:14 AM

Hi all, isit true that CS dont pay Masters grade unless it is necessary for the job?

Unregistered 03-04-2019 07:21 AM

Hi everyone,

What is the salary range I should expect as a FCH in local uni, no NS? Will my salary be depressed if I am offered a job now as I don’t have having my actual degree scroll yet (but confirm will remain as FCH)?

Ambition 03-04-2019 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116037)
Hi all, isit true that CS dont pay Masters grade unless it is necessary for the job?

True. Honours sure get money but masters is discriminated. However both get priority for interview n promotion. I am a victim of such stupidity. CS cannot get their act together.

Ambition 03-04-2019 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116047)
Hi everyone,

What is the salary range I should expect as a FCH in local uni, no NS? Will my salary be depressed if I am offered a job now as I don’t have having my actual degree scroll yet (but confirm will remain as FCH)?

CS no longer follows one universal payscale. However I not seen FCH take lower than 3k. Don't worry, CS is obsessed with formulas, will never pay wrongly.