Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 29-07-2018 08:33 AM

Msf

Hi. Anyone with info re job grade and salary for one with over 10 years of semi-relevant work experience. Graduated with the relevant degree from unisim/suss 2 years ago. Thanks!!

Unregistered 29-07-2018 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109211)
Hi. Anyone with info re job grade and salary for one with over 10 years of semi-relevant work experience. Graduated with the relevant degree from unisim/suss 2 years ago. Thanks!!

experience before graduation gets you a better chance at getting the job, experience after graduation gets you a better salary for that job

Unregistered 29-07-2018 09:21 PM

MX 13 or MX12

Hi all,

May I check on the starting salary for MX 12?

I have around 8 years of experience in investigation related job with Home Team (as a JO) , and currently the new ministry (also investigation related job) is offering a MX 13(I) only, with a $300 pay cut. I applied using SUSS part time degree.

And typically how long will take to promote from MX13 to MX 12?

Unregistered 30-07-2018 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109225)
Hi all,

May I check on the starting salary for MX 12?

I have around 8 years of experience in investigation related job with Home Team (as a JO) , and currently the new ministry (also investigation related job) is offering a MX 13(I) only, with a $300 pay cut. I applied using SUSS part time degree.

And typically how long will take to promote from MX13 to MX 12?

Usually 1 year. Max 2 years.

Unregistered 30-07-2018 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109190)
The 2.8k was from an NPO but I turned it down because I had only started jobhunting 2 weeks in so I decided to keep looking. I mentioned it as i thought it could serve as a reference for the type of offers I can expect to get. I actually don't want to work in govt sect for my longterm career, i'm just thinking whether I should accept this because "got job just do first" or would it actually hinder/benefit me when I'm looking for a pte job after this is up (it's an 11 mth contract)? It's not a very specialized job (though advertised as such), I got the distinct feeling that they just need more manpower for their events and campaigns.

Fixed term (I.e no chance of conversion to perm) contract roles in government sector are suitable for those who want to use it as a stepping stone to get into a perm role in other government agencies. Government agencies generally tend to prefer candidates with public sector experience, except for more specialized roles.

If you are keen on a marketing role in private sector, it’s better to work for a PR/marketing agency rather than to waste your time in the contract role.

Unregistered 01-08-2018 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109139)
Does anyone know whether the Head position at EDB is equivalent to MX11a or MX10 rank in ministry? Would like to find out before I apply. Thanks!

It's MX11a.

Unregistered 01-08-2018 11:12 PM

Position

Hi, I am currently looking into jobs from CS, was wondering what are the positions that most likely get employment for a second upper honours with 2 years pte working exp?
And how much exp required to apply for manager or assistant manager position?
TIA!

Unregistered 02-08-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109229)
Fixed term (I.e no chance of conversion to perm) contract roles in government sector are suitable for those who want to use it as a stepping stone to get into a perm role in other government agencies. Government agencies generally tend to prefer candidates with public sector experience, except for more specialized roles.

If you are keen on a marketing role in private sector, it’s better to work for a PR/marketing agency rather than to waste your time in the contract role.

Thanks all for the advice, I've turned down the wsg offer and will be continuing my job search. Will share the end result here.

Unregistered 04-08-2018 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109275)
It's MX11a.

Does anyone happen to know the pay ceiling of the Head/MX11a at EDB?

Unregistered 07-08-2018 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109200)
yes i got it, only 1 round probably cos i interviewed with the director

Hi hi, can I check how long did MAS take to give you a verbal offer? Thanks 😊