Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 25-07-2012 05:55 PM

and u better think of a good answer to, "why do u wanna join the civil service?"

Hermit 25-07-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmaohaha (Post 26989)
for civil service, i understand that the interview standard format is 1st round meeting hr managers, 2nd round meeting directors. May i ask which round is the difficulty level of getting through higher? As in, is it a)1st round juz basic screening, 2nd round is real deal or b) 1st round is make or break, 2nd round is basically pleasing directors and saying the politically right stuff?

Number of rounds not limited to 2. It depends where you are going.

Politically correct answer is the way to go. They generally do not like mavericks.

Unregistered 25-07-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmaohaha (Post 26989)
for civil service, i understand that the interview standard format is 1st round meeting hr managers, 2nd round meeting directors. May i ask which round is the difficulty level of getting through higher? As in, is it a)1st round juz basic screening, 2nd round is real deal or b) 1st round is make or break, 2nd round is basically pleasing directors and saying the politically right stuff?

just be honest, if you get in then you are probably right for the job. If not even if you get the job, you will not last long or they will see through your answers.

espkh4 26-07-2012 01:58 AM

Hey guys,

Seems people are knowledgeable here. What would a fresh Masters grad in engineering earn say in one of the Singapore Technologies or SIMTech?

lmaohaha 26-07-2012 02:42 AM

so the difficulty lvl of round1 and 2 abt the same?i heard that round 2 is when most of the competition has alr been filtered away.left wif prob 5 best possible candidates? am i right to say that?

Unregistered 26-07-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmaohaha (Post 27030)
so the difficulty lvl of round1 and 2 abt the same?i heard that round 2 is when most of the competition has alr been filtered away.left wif prob 5 best possible candidates? am i right to say that?

dun ask such questions when the answer will be subjective

Unregistered 26-07-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by espkh4 (Post 27029)
Hey guys,

Seems people are knowledgeable here. What would a fresh Masters grad in engineering earn say in one of the Singapore Technologies or SIMTech?

should make no difference?

the last I know is that ST engineering pay local university fresh grad 1st class 3.4-3.5k with NS in 2011/12..

At most you get additional 100 more...

Unregistered 28-07-2012 02:39 PM

Thats what I suspected. Thanks for confirming....

Unregistered 29-07-2012 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26864)
Hi, I'm a teacher teaching language for 4+ years. (erm i'm not those kpkb ones ok.. haha)
Looking for a place in a ministry or stat board.
Holding NUS degree (Bachelor of Arts) with mere pass with merit.
Female, no NS.
What starting pay should I expect?

colleague who quit teaching took pay cut to join the HASE scheme.. go figure

Unregistered 29-07-2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26943)
im quite shocked to find out dat MX10 upper limit is only 10k

isnt MX10 the highest grade non scholars can hope to hit ?

can go up to MX9 or superscale G. i'm refering to HUS.