Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 23-05-2016 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85926)
It is unlikely that you will retire as Supt. More likely an AC if you are a consistent performer. It's true that there is a ceiling which you will not be able to pass. You will reach your Supt rank at around age 40 and this translate to about 10k monthly, not including your bonuses.

For info, I am a regular senior officer in MHA uniformed group

Don't give wrong advice to people. Not everyone will reach AC. That is superscale level which very few will reach since you would be competing with scholars who have a superscale CEP by default.

You're probably still quite junior in service if you are giving such unrealistic advices to others.

Unregistered 23-05-2016 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85901)
Hi, is it fresh graduates joining civil service start off as MX13 grade? I recently join a stat board without any experience as an engineer, ER12A. The pay range is 2.8k to 5.8k. Is it most fresh graduate engineers start off at this grade?

Lol. This is the blue colour stat board right.

Unregistered 23-05-2016 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86052)
Lol. This is the blue colour stat board right.

Wow. You are so smart! Is this a good thing compared to other stat board?

Unregistered 23-05-2016 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86046)
Don't give wrong advice to people. Not everyone will reach AC. That is superscale level which very few will reach since you would be competing with scholars who have a superscale CEP by default.

You're probably still quite junior in service if you are giving such unrealistic advices to others.

What is the rank that is before the supercale ranks starts? Is it DAC or SUP?

Unregistered 24-05-2016 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86046)

I believe I am more than qualified to give such advices to others as I have been in service for more than just a couple of years and have seen enough to give a fair statement. Even at superscale level, it has junior, middle and top levels. Not going to elaborare much but non scholars will not be competing with scholars (overseas ones).

Although crossing over from timescale to superscale is still a significant step, the general estab for senior positions are increasing. Of cos, like you said, not everyone will reach AC. But if you are a consistent performer, you will get a shot at it.

Unregistered 24-05-2016 11:17 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;86126]I believe I am more than qualified to give such advices to others as I have been in service for more than just a couple of years and have seen enough to give a fair statement. Even at superscale level, it has junior, middle and top levels. Not going to elaborare much but non scholars will not be competing with scholars (overseas ones).

Although crossing over from timescale to superscale is still a significant step, the general estab for senior positions are increasing. Of cos, like you said, not everyone will reach AC. But if you are a consistent performer, you will get a shot at it.

Yes, your last statement is correct, you will get a shot at it if you are a consistent performer who is constantly scoring A, B+ or minimally B grades throughout your career. However, that is very difficult to achieve since only the top few percentage of staff would be given such gradings.

And although the estab for senior positions are increasing, there is also a corresponding increase in the number of scholars and high performing staff. Even if we assume that 20% of all staff will rise to superscale level, that mean only 1 in 5 will eventually reach superscale. By the way, the 20% I quoted is way over the limit for superscale positions. Below is an extract from a speech by DPM Teo.

"Only 1.2 per cent of the 76,000 civil servants across all services are of the MX9 (Superscale) grade or higher, revealed DPM Teo yesterday.

This works out to fewer than 1,000 people, or one out of 83 civil servants."

So your previous statement about an ordinary individual reaching AC level is incorrect. If he is above average, he can probably look to retire as a Supt. If he is extraordinary, then maybe he will reach AC. So to conclude, most people will never be able to retire at superscale level.

Unregistered 26-05-2016 09:44 AM

Estimated Starting pay of second lower Honours fresh grad female in civil service??

Unregistered 26-05-2016 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86223)
Estimated Starting pay of second lower Honours fresh grad female in civil service??

Usually around 3600-3700

Unregistered 26-05-2016 11:07 AM

I am a winner because I am in the private sector.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86226)
Usually around 3600-3700

Unregistered 26-05-2016 11:18 AM

wow

fresh degree, 2nd lower (No NS) already 3.6 to 3.7???

so high??