Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 22-12-2015 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77104)
Apple and Orange problem. Totally different things, imo senior management in civil service get there by virtue of the fact that they are intellectually brilliant. Political office holders on the other hand...

*cough recent MOM saga cough*

The MOS peer is a President scholar and we were all from GEP so I Guess all intellectually brilliant in our own ways....

Unregistered 22-12-2015 10:06 PM

I have a first class law degree and a masters from a top 5 university in the world. I applied to public service leadership program but wasn't selected. I don't understand why.

Unregistered 22-12-2015 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77106)
I have a first class law degree and a masters from a top 5 university in the world. I applied to public service leadership program but wasn't selected. I don't understand why.

I dont understand why u didnt list down ur experiences in leadership roles to substantiate why you should be selected for the program.

Unregistered 23-12-2015 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77105)
The MOS peer is a President scholar and we were all from GEP so I Guess all intellectually brilliant in our own ways....

Humblebrag...

Unregistered 25-12-2015 06:35 PM

Career switch

Question for anyone who knows:

Graduated with Hons 2nd Lower degree. Did 2 years of NS. 2 years experience as a healthcare worker in Restructured Hospital. If i apply for Senior Officer in SPF/Prisons, will they accept me?

Thanks!

Unregistered 25-12-2015 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77171)
Question for anyone who knows:

Graduated with Hons 2nd Lower degree. Did 2 years of NS. 2 years experience as a healthcare worker in Restructured Hospital. If i apply for Senior Officer in SPF/Prisons, will they accept me?

Thanks!

C'mon, you are not expecting a reply like "Hi, I am so and so from SPF/Prisons, we will accept you...." in this forum.

Just try by submiting your application.... let them decide lor....

Unregistered 26-12-2015 06:55 PM

Can i ask what s the starting pay for es mti?

Unregistered 26-12-2015 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77210)
Can i ask what s the starting pay for es mti?

my first class friends started with 4.4k

Unregistered 26-12-2015 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77212)
my first class friends started with 4.4k

First class starts at second upper pay. Back pay after obtaining your degree.

Anyway, it's 49xx now for fch with a now. There was a salary adjustment few months back.

Unregistered 26-12-2015 08:42 PM

With ns*

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.