Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

JONKERSBOY 23-02-2015 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63171)
JONKERSBOY, good that stat board have mid year bonus,

but roughly total of bonus can get how many months?

also is there any diff benefit between contract vs Permanent staff?

I would say 4 months on average for a "c" performer and during non-election year / normal year with low grp growth. 5 months or more for a "B" grade and above.

Benefit wise- I doubt so. Do note that all jobs in LTA are on contract basis and no longer perm.

Unregistered 23-02-2015 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63160)
I'm currently with an economic stat board, Senior Manager position with about 5 years of working exp in the public service (stat boards that don't use the MX scheme). I received a verbal offer from a ministry but it comes with a $700 pay cut, and I was told this is the best offer and every other ministry will offer the same salary for a similar job scope. Does anyone have info on whether this is true? Is there a policy that caps the salary across all ministries, and is it really true that social/community sector ministries pay so much less than economic stat boards? The drop is quite steep even though I am very interested in the job scope; wondering whether merit increments in a ministry will be able to make up for a $700 drop in a few years' time..

What's your age (2015)? Ns or no ns? Did the ministry offer you mx12 or mx11?

Unregistered 23-02-2015 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JONKERSBOY (Post 63169)
Yes, currently in LTA.

Yes to all of the bonuses.

Mid - year bonus, end - year bonus, Performance Bonus , 13th month and lastly, growth bonuses ( only if the economy do well in that particular year)

And also, annual merit increment and time-to-time increment (2nd time a year) if PSD announces the need for increment which is on top of ur annual merit increment

Did LTA give the 5 percent increment which PSD gave to mx11 in aug 2014?

Unregistered 23-02-2015 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63173)
What's your age (2015)? Ns or no ns? Did the ministry offer you mx12 or mx11?

30, no NS.. It's MX11. Is the offer considered low? Just wondering if the drop can be made up for since cos it is a considerable difference..

Unregistered 23-02-2015 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63175)
30, no NS.. It's MX11. Is the offer considered low? Just wondering if the drop can be made up for since cos it is a considerable difference..

I think it's a fair offer because they placed you in mx11. You should be able to get back to your last drawn pay within two years.

Did you do honours for your bachelor degree?

Is this role a policy position?

Unregistered 23-02-2015 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63177)
I think it's a fair offer because they placed you in mx11. You should be able to get back to your last drawn pay within two years.

Did you do honours for your bachelor degree?

Is this role a policy position?

Wow how do you know it's a policy position..? It's a mix of responsibilities actually. Yup 2nd upper with Honours.

Unregistered 23-02-2015 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63180)
Wow how do you know it's a policy position..? It's a mix of responsibilities actually. Yup 2nd upper with Honours.

I think it is useful to be working in the Ministries for exposure, especially if you intend to stay in the public service for life. So at the very least, you've gotten a reasonable MX grade for the new job. It is also given that economic agencies pay you more, so a pay cut is expected if you switch over to a new Ministry. I assume you're not going to MTI, else you could have request for a secondment/transfer with a similar salary package.

Unregistered 23-02-2015 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63182)
I think it is useful to be working in the Ministries for exposure, especially if you intend to stay in the public service for life. So at the very least, you've gotten a reasonable MX grade for the new job. It is also given that economic agencies pay you more, so a pay cut is expected if you switch over to a new Ministry. I assume you're not going to MTI, else you could have request for a secondment/transfer with a similar salary package.

Thanks for the advice :D

Unregistered 23-02-2015 10:24 AM

hw much

any1 knows howmuch PB and increment will a MX12 gets if get a "A" grade?

JONKERSBOY 23-02-2015 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63174)
Did LTA give the 5 percent increment which PSD gave to mx11 in aug 2014?

Yup, stat boards (LTA) follow ministries (MOT)

It's all under .public service division