Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 16-12-2015 05:59 PM

ok my total income for this year is slightly above 130k (before cpf contributions)

Unregistered 16-12-2015 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76803)
Hi,

Has anyone worked / currently working in / at EDB or Spring Singapore before?

Is the nature of the work at these two agencies very customer-centric and involve lots of marketing / business development in nature?

Thanks for your inputs!

EDB is lots of business development unless you're in the rare strategic functions

Unregistered 17-12-2015 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76926)
EDB is lots of business development unless you're in the rare strategic functions

Morning!

Thanks for your reply =)

Does the work in Business Environment - Tax and Financial incentives counts as strategic in nature?

Unregistered 17-12-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76930)
Morning!

Thanks for your reply =)

Does the work in Business Environment - Tax and Financial incentives counts as strategic in nature?

this is a policy role. frankly speaking, i think the prospects for the biz development and policy functions in edb are equally good. you will get a chance to rotate anyway - common practice within edb.

Unregistered 17-12-2015 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76943)
this is a policy role. frankly speaking, i think the prospects for the biz development and policy functions in edb are equally good. you will get a chance to rotate anyway - common practice within edb.

Hi, thanks again!

Haven't work in EDB before. Have only come across hearsays of its challenging work culture.

Do you find it tough personally, in terms of managing stakeholders and juģgling assignments?

Unregistered 22-12-2015 02:07 PM

What is the salary for deputy secretary in a ministry? Is the next jump to permanent secretary?

Unregistered 22-12-2015 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77090)
What is the salary for deputy secretary in a ministry? Is the next jump to permanent secretary?

Not many people make it to DS level. In anycase DS-> 2PS -> PS. They earn prolly ~ 400k a year based on a 15.5 month package, also they are all AOs.

Unregistered 22-12-2015 08:31 PM

Private sector

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77097)
Not many people make it to DS level. In anycase DS-> 2PS -> PS. They earn prolly ~ 400k a year based on a 15.5 month package, also they are all AOs.

16 years in private sector. No job security, clock about 60 hours a week. Lot of night call and sometimes Saturday. 180k a year.

Unregistered 22-12-2015 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77097)

Wow, my old Best Friend and peer is a DS! In awe of her earning prowess and prospects but still not as fantastic as another peer who is MOS already in parliament..

Unregistered 22-12-2015 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77103)
Wow, my old Best Friend and peer is a DS! In awe of her earning prowess and prospects but still not as fantastic as another peer who is MOS already in parliament..

Apple and Orange problem. Totally different things, imo senior management in civil service get there by virtue of the fact that they are intellectually brilliant. Political office holders on the other hand...

*cough recent MOM saga cough*