Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 22-02-2015 06:53 PM

is anyone able to advise if Management Executives are on a different scheme?

Unregistered 22-02-2015 10:10 PM

Advice on job offer

I'm currently with an economic stat board, Senior Manager position with about 5 years of working exp in the public service (stat boards that don't use the MX scheme). I received a verbal offer from a ministry but it comes with a $700 pay cut, and I was told this is the best offer and every other ministry will offer the same salary for a similar job scope. Does anyone have info on whether this is true? Is there a policy that caps the salary across all ministries, and is it really true that social/community sector ministries pay so much less than economic stat boards? The drop is quite steep even though I am very interested in the job scope; wondering whether merit increments in a ministry will be able to make up for a $700 drop in a few years' time..

Unregistered 22-02-2015 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63160)
I'm currently with an economic stat board, Senior Manager position with about 5 years of working exp in the public service (stat boards that don't use the MX scheme). I received a verbal offer from a ministry but it comes with a $700 pay cut, and I was told this is the best offer and every other ministry will offer the same salary for a similar job scope. Does anyone have info on whether this is true? Is there a policy that caps the salary across all ministries, and is it really true that social/community sector ministries pay so much less than economic stat boards? The drop is quite steep even though I am very interested in the job scope; wondering whether merit increments in a ministry will be able to make up for a $700 drop in a few years' time..

yeah.. it will be the same for all ministries. 5 years probably MX11. Max is 6K roughly for offer. they don't pay as well. engineer a secondment ;) . stat broad pay. ministry job.

Unregistered 22-02-2015 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63161)
yeah.. it will be the same for all ministries. 5 years probably MX11. Max is 6K roughly for offer. they don't pay as well. engineer a secondment ;) . stat broad pay. ministry job.

Thanks for the quick response! The offer was 5K and I know a secondment is out. Hmm seems like too drastic a cut, but rejecting this offer essentially cancels out the entire civil service from my job hunt...

Unregistered 22-02-2015 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63163)
Thanks for the quick response! The offer was 5K and I know a secondment is out. Hmm seems like too drastic a cut, but rejecting this offer essentially cancels out the entire civil service from my job hunt...

look at the annual package instead. civil service annual package is around 17months if you are above avg performer. compare it to your current package.

Unregistered 22-02-2015 11:29 PM

guys, for LTA stat board.

have Performance bonus ,AWS(13 month bonus ,year end bonus?

but do they have mid year bonus? or mid year bonus only for civil service like ministry?

Unregistered 22-02-2015 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63161)

Gotta ask urself why u are switching. And if the new job scope is less demanding, why would they be paying U the same.

JONKERSBOY 23-02-2015 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63164)
look at the annual package instead. civil service annual package is around 17months if you are above avg performer. compare it to your current package.

Yes, currently in LTA.

Yes to all of the bonuses.

Mid - year bonus, end - year bonus, Performance Bonus , 13th month and lastly, growth bonuses ( only if the economy do well in that particular year)

And also, annual merit increment and time-to-time increment (2nd time a year) if PSD announces the need for increment which is on top of ur annual merit increment

JONKERSBOY 23-02-2015 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63166)
guys, for LTA stat board.

have Performance bonus ,AWS(13 month bonus ,year end bonus?

but do they have mid year bonus? or mid year bonus only for civil service like ministry?

Yes, currently in LTA.

Yes to all of the bonuses.

Mid - year bonus, end - year bonus, Performance Bonus , 13th month and lastly, growth bonuses ( only if the economy do well in that particular year)

And also, annual merit increment and time-to-time increment (2nd time a year) if PSD announces the need for increment which is on top of ur annual merit increment

Unregistered 23-02-2015 01:36 AM

JONKERSBOY, good that stat board have mid year bonus,

but roughly total of bonus can get how many months?

also is there any diff benefit between contract vs Permanent staff?