Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 31-05-2020 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136034)
Will CS/SB hire people who want to do mid-career switch now? Or are they prioritizing people who are unemployed /fresh grad? I have 10 years of exp in pte sector. Have been applying for more than a year but not shortlisted. Currently have job but my company not doing well so quite worried.
Graduated from local uni.

You have answered the question yourself. With so many job seekers seeking for the safe haven of public service, competition is extremely tough.

Unregistered 31-05-2020 10:32 PM

Not all industries in private sector are that badly hit. Private sector jobs in tech, healthcare/phamaceuticals still seems quite good to work in currently..

Unregistered 31-05-2020 11:41 PM

Salary adjustment in June

For those whose annual salary adjustment is in June, check out the pacgov.

Unregistered 01-06-2020 01:16 AM

How long does it take for hr to come up with a conditional offer/package and get back to me?

Unregistered 01-06-2020 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135963)
I'm from HR so let me clarify.

Gross pay means the salary in the contract (no employer contribution, but employee contribution is inside)

Seem like your definition on gross is different from MOM definition. Please clarify before causing more confusion here. The previous previous seem more legit and sensible.

s://stats.mom.gov.sg/SL/Pages/Gross-Monthly-Income-from-Work-Concepts-and-Definitions.aspx

Unregistered 01-06-2020 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinkingfeeling (Post 136004)
Jin satki leh you :(

Can share how you managed to get cs job as a private uni grad? :(

Just keep trying and not give up. I graduated from private uni and had about 5 years of private sector experience before switching over to public sector

Unregistered 01-06-2020 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136065)
Seem like your definition on gross is different from MOM definition. Please clarify before causing more confusion here. The previous previous seem more legit and sensible.

s://stats.mom.gov.sg/SL/Pages/Gross-Monthly-Income-from-Work-Concepts-and-Definitions.aspx

The Hr person is correct...... Gross has employee cpf contribution (ie not deducted).

Unregistered 01-06-2020 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136072)
The Hr person is correct...... Gross has employee cpf contribution (ie not deducted).

guys, no need to debate on this.

i am pretty sure the gross salary mention by the other earlier poster about his job offer is pay with employee contribution only.

it is not the MOM definition (include bonuses and employer contirbution)

in fact if anyone here think the mentioned CS gross monthly pay in this forum is inflated by bonuses and and employer contribution, then you are wrong. so far mostly are really talking about monthly pay with employee contribution, wirhout bonus and employers' one

Unregistered 01-06-2020 12:26 PM

interesting topic here.

let's jus share. mx11a p.a 125k excluding employer's cpf contribution.
is this average, above or below avg for mx11a?

Unregistered 01-06-2020 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136085)
interesting topic here.

let's jus share. mx11a p.a 125k excluding employer's cpf contribution.
is this average, above or below avg for mx11a?

How old are you and how many years or experiences? Which agency? This seem better than average and assuming you are under 50 yo