Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 14-12-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 31572)
You cannot be a DD with just 5-10 yrs exp unless is scholar. SP is a GLC, not stat board.

Oh... What about a typical DD there. What would be the average salary working as DD for a year already. And is the ranking DD high there? There's countless DDs there.

Unregistered 14-12-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 31589)
Oh... What about a typical DD there. What would be the average salary working as DD for a year already. And is the ranking DD high there? There's countless DDs there.

DD is consider junior level manager 8-9k+

Unregistered 15-12-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 31559)
To the guy who is interested to be a senior prison officer. Have you even been interviewed for the position? Not every one could get in. There are usually hundreds of applications for each senior officer position. Anyway, the pay u get is dependent on your ability and rank. Doesn't mean that you enter as an ASP means you will be guaranteed higher or better pay 5 years down the road. If your performance is not up to par, dun be surprised that you are getting paid less than others who joined at a lower rank.

Hi thanks for the information. Based on your understanding, is a pay like 7K consider average for senior prison officer after 5 yrs? I state 7K as I am comparing to maybe an average banker after 5 yrs (not sure is it the average bankers pay after 5 yrs; based on hearing basis).

Unregistered 15-12-2012 11:29 PM

need some advice. how much does an Assistant Director in NTUC earns? the role is a corporate support role.

Unregistered 17-12-2012 05:43 PM

i am also curious how much NTUC pay

Unregistered 17-12-2012 06:31 PM

is it true that a SIM - UOL graduate cannot enter the civil service as a non-uniformed staff?

Unregistered 17-12-2012 08:34 PM

Well, I believe so.. considering me and my friends from NUS took quite a while for applying to government jobs.. too many applicants..

lmaohaha 17-12-2012 09:07 PM

anyone knows how much does a fresh grad 2nd upper guy earn in ura?

Unregistered 17-12-2012 10:33 PM

someone said 5 yrs exp and 3.4K,
and u all saying he should be happy?

No offense to the posters, we are anonymous. but that sounds really low, especially because i thought govt pay pretty high compared to private sector for degree holders in early career and who are not in the upper leagues, but just "regular folk" who comprise the drones in MNCs large and small, and SMCs.

Unregistered 17-12-2012 10:42 PM

reading thru the posts, do you guys think joining army is a competitive option paywise?
for degree holders that is.

looks like starting pay already can get 4K.
might never have a reasonable chance of 5 digits maybe, but how many folks actually make it to 5 digit in private sector. In army, if you eventually "give up" you can just go through the motion. In pvt sector, if you "give up", you still have to show enthusiasm and curry favour here and there just to survive and hold onto you paycheck. also, join army free you of the fantasy of earning big bucks which could take a toll on your psychology..,.especially as you grow older and older and if unfortunately you aren't moving as fast up as you wished. besides, if wanting to stay in pvt sector for the sake of flexible scalability of pay...probably should aim for commission type jobs only.

opinions?

me considering military career le.