Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 31-05-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wern (Post 25243)
as long as 1st class in civil service, the major doesn't really matter what. but must be local uni, nus/ntu/smu standard to draw that level of pay lah.

Anw is it possible for a pass (merit) local degree holder to max out the ceiling and attain MX10 in 9-10years by age 35?

yes it is possible. but u must be super garang and prepare to suxk director cocks all the way.
don't ever step on any1 tail.
do alot of high level projects.
volunteer urself in all big small puny events organized by your agency or collaboration agencies
expose urself to all sorts of meetings to wayang talk cock etc etc
also pray ur CEP can maintain throughout the year.

with all the above done and if u still able to perform your day to day task well. ur CEP should be quite high, and high chance placed into high po and super scale scheme.

all da best~! :)

datou 31-05-2012 02:26 PM

anyone can advise on the ministries and statboards that accept DL degrees. I know that MFA and MINDEF all these atas one NEVER accept ppl who did DL de (or correct me if i m wrong)..

Anyone can gif any advice? No keyboard warriors pls. Thanks.

Unregistered 31-05-2012 02:54 PM

If you are motivated to strive for your career, I think your chances of getting a well paid job is better in the private sector. In govt sector, academic achievements are overrated and you will be disadvantaged.

Unregistered 31-05-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by datou (Post 25265)
anyone can advise on the ministries and statboards that accept DL degrees. I know that MFA and MINDEF all these atas one NEVER accept ppl who did DL de (or correct me if i m wrong)..

Anyone can gif any advice? No keyboard warriors pls. Thanks.

my friend unisim degree in EMA.
another 1 in HPB
another 1 in CPF
some in MOM also

Unregistered 31-05-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25267)
If you are motivated to strive for your career, I think your chances of getting a well paid job is better in the private sector. In govt sector, academic achievements are overrated and you will be disadvantaged.

yeah man! scholar make mistake still zoom zoom faster than your hard work la! haha

Unregistered 31-05-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wern (Post 25243)
as long as 1st class in civil service, the major doesn't really matter what. but must be local uni, nus/ntu/smu standard to draw that level of pay lah.

Anw is it possible for a pass (merit) local degree holder to max out the ceiling and attain MX10 in 9-10years by age 35?

don't think it matters what your class of honor is. anyway, i don't think so. at least not for home teams under MHA. my colleagues mid 30s (both genders) are only MX11 and some joined the civil service upon grad. even to reach MX11 (for most ppl), takes several years.

Unregistered 01-06-2012 12:10 AM

usioneu gold-fag

It took 5 years for me to go from MX13 to MX11, and I am considered high flyer among the ordinary (non-scholar) grade. So don't expect too much lah

datou 01-06-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25267)

thanks to everyone who replied..

agreed with what u wrote too, but this is my first job and i've got zero experience, so was thinking of going into public then jumping ship to private some years later. I've looked at private sector jobs, many need experience, especially for larger organisations. Those that require no experience are mostly sales jobs which i have not much interest in.

Thank you.

Unregistered 01-06-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by datou (Post 25299)

agreed with what u wrote too, but this is my first job and i've got zero experience, so was thinking of going into public then jumping ship to private some years later. I've looked at private sector jobs, many need experience, especially for larger organisations. Those that require no experience are mostly sales jobs which i have not much interest in.

Thank you.

This is common mistake made by a lot of fresh grad, think they can get best of both world by getting high start pay first then jump to pte when they feel like it.

All I can say is easier said then done, public servants are not looked on well by companies in general, most people find the transition difficult and most end up accepting same pay but working longer hrs just to transit out.

Unregistered 01-06-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by datou (Post 25299)

Thank you.

But more than 90% fresh grad found jobs within a few months. So there are many jobs available for fresh grad in private sector. Now with online application, it is much easier to apply for jobs. Compared to last time, we need to send in job applications via slow mails. And after printing and sending more than 20 applications, only got shortlisted for a few interviews. Be positive!!