Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 29-07-2021 03:03 PM

Hello all, can anyone provide some insight on your successful application process for the ministry of home affairs? I am joining from private and seems like there’s so many security checks in place for the candidate. Seems like after first interview submitted form means successful but was told that the panel has not come to a conclusion regarding the interview. Did anybody experience this as well?

Unregistered 29-07-2021 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178718)
Hello all, can anyone provide some insight on your successful application process for the ministry of home affairs? I am joining from private and seems like there’s so many security checks in place for the candidate. Seems like after first interview submitted form means successful but was told that the panel has not come to a conclusion regarding the interview. Did anybody experience this as well?

In the past I submitted form first then went for interview. So not sure if submitting the form is a sign that it's successful.
If they have not come to a conclusion could be there are waiting on other candidates or panel is really just still making a decision. How long ago did you go for the interview?

Unregistered 29-07-2021 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178718)

Nope its not! its a formality for all applicants even for auditors. It just a clearance form with whoever thats engaging with the ministry. Doesnt gurantee offer for sure.

Unregistered 29-07-2021 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178726)
In the past I submitted form first then went for interview. So not sure if submitting the form is a sign that it's successful.
If they have not come to a conclusion could be there are waiting on other candidates or panel is really just still making a decision. How long ago did you go for the interview?

It was just last week, I asked the other candidate with me and did not receive any follow up or forms hence I thought it meant I could be shortlisted firther

Unregistered 29-07-2021 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178730)
Nope its not! its a formality for all applicants even for auditors. It just a clearance form with whoever thats engaging with the ministry. Doesnt gurantee offer for sure.

Thank you! I thought got chance cos the other candidate with me did not get e follow up

Unregistered 29-07-2021 07:26 PM

Hi all, I got accepted to their graduate officer scheme. Anyone knows what's the pay for it this year? And how's opportunities like within MAS?

Unregistered 31-07-2021 11:52 AM

Hi all, I have a pretty tight issue here. I received a verbal offer from HR pending background checks that will take approx 2weeks from a statboard. However, I have another offer frm the private side that starts on coming Monday (received offer today). I'm more keen on joining the stat board due to stability. Should I reject the private offer first and take the risk/pray that background checks are ok? Or should I join the other organisation first then officially tender when I receive written offer from statboard. (but will it be too harmful on the reputation for quitting few weeks in)

Unregistered 31-07-2021 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178843)
Hi all, I have a pretty tight issue here. I received a verbal offer from HR pending background checks that will take approx 2weeks from a statboard. However, I have another offer frm the private side that starts on coming Monday (received offer today). I'm more keen on joining the stat board due to stability. Should I reject the private offer first and take the risk/pray that background checks are ok? Or should I join the other organisation first then officially tender when I receive written offer from statboard. (but will it be too harmful on the reputation for quitting few weeks in)

Do you already have a pay indication which you are agreeable to? If there is nothing questionable about your background, then its fairly certain you will get the formal offer.
In that case, I would just decline the private offer.

I usually try to avoid backing out after agreeing as I don't think it reflects well.

Unregistered 31-07-2021 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178843)

which statboard is this for?

Help123 01-08-2021 05:05 PM

Hsa/moh

Hello!
I see that SB/Min hiring process is super long from previous thread.
Wondering if anyone has experience with HSA and MOH hiring timeline?

They always send an automated email saying to wait for 4-6weeks before they contact you. Meaning if after 6 weeks still no news for first interview, can give up already?

And does entry roles always have more than one round of interview?