Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 26-07-2021 12:48 PM

Verbal to Actual offer

Hi all, I would like to seek some insights on what happens from the verbal to final management approval for employment ? Any idea why it takes so many weeks when you have already cleared the interview.

Not talking about security clearances.

Unregistered 26-07-2021 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178515)
Hi all, I would like to seek some insights on what happens from the verbal to final management approval for employment ? Any idea why it takes so many weeks when you have already cleared the interview.

Not talking about security clearances.

I think it's due to the internal approvals hr need to finalise the offer. How fast the approvals are given also depend on how urgent that department needs you and the offer itself. Probably faster for fresh grad vs experienced hire as the fresh grad pay is fixed.

Unregistered 26-07-2021 03:34 PM

Any thoughts if it is a good idea to ask about working hours? I have gone through interviews where the panel kept stressing it's fast paced, and I'm really curious what that translates to and why it's so fast paced (since it doesn't sound like that to me based on the JD)

Unregistered 26-07-2021 05:08 PM

Anyone knows at which point of the interview process they contact your referrals?
Before shortlist, or after interview, or during the final stages?

Unregistered 26-07-2021 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178528)
Any thoughts if it is a good idea to ask about working hours? I have gone through interviews where the panel kept stressing it's fast paced, and I'm really curious what that translates to and why it's so fast paced (since it doesn't sound like that to me based on the JD)

Depends on which team you are in! Do you mind sharing more before I can advise. Currently in MAS.

Unregistered 26-07-2021 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178534)
Anyone knows at which point of the interview process they contact your referrals?

Usually after. I don't think it make sense for them to invest in background checks until its finalised.

Unregistered 26-07-2021 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178452)
Does anyone knows how long it takes to receive job offer after last interview ?

Mine is next day received HR call (keen to proceed. HR mention is not verbal offer)
10 weeks later then i received verbal offer (HR mention is formal offer)
Another wek for formal offer

Unregistered 26-07-2021 07:11 PM

Quote:

Mine is after first interview, before second interview.

Unregistered 26-07-2021 11:30 PM

Hi all, I’ve been asked to submit credit report forms after my interview. May I know if this is an indication that they are keen to proceed or is it still at the stage of deliberation. Has anyone else been asked to submit these reports? Thanks!

Unregistered 26-07-2021 11:37 PM

Quote:

Mine is second, after verbal offer.