Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 05-12-2022 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236497)
Hi, I am currently working in Stat board A with PB in end May and MI in Jul every year. I recently got an offer from stat board B with two options...one to join under movement policy where I will be given the same current monthly salary + prorated MI and my PB forgone (estimated 2 months plus pb) in Stat Board A will be paid out one year after my appointment with stat board b. My years in service (currently 14years) will be retained. However stat board A can hold me for 3 months before release (which i know the work effort in stat board A during the 3 months will probably not be recognised since i am leaving them but am still required to slough and put in long hard hours of work).

The other option would be to join as fresh hire where i am offered $400 more for the monthly salary. But i will forgo my years of service and pb from stat bd A. Stat bd A will not be able to hold me back and will need to release me within one month from notice.

Would appreciate anyone who has exp with similar scenario to share your view on which option is a better choice.

1. Are there pushing factor from SB A? If not, I suggest you go through movement. $400 I assume is not a lot to you since your MI would already cover part of the $400, so if say your MI is $200, your real increment is only $200 for forgoing your PB.
2. Are you on good terms with your RO? The 3 month is not definite, can be discussed.
3. If there are pushing factor from A and going to B may make you happier, YOLO.

Unregistered 05-12-2022 10:59 PM

does supernumerary contract headcount allows movement policy from one agency to another?

if it does ... need to supernumerary move to supernumerary?

or can supernumerary move to non supernumerary head count??

Unregistered 06-12-2022 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236497)
Hi, I am currently working in Stat board A with PB in end May and MI in Jul every year. I recently got an offer from stat board B with two options...one to join under movement policy where I will be given the same current monthly salary + prorated MI and my PB forgone (estimated 2 months plus pb) in Stat Board A will be paid out one year after my appointment with stat board b. My years in service (currently 14years) will be retained. However stat board A can hold me for 3 months before release (which i know the work effort in stat board A during the 3 months will probably not be recognised since i am leaving them but am still required to slough and put in long hard hours of work).

The other option would be to join as fresh hire where i am offered $400 more for the monthly salary. But i will forgo my years of service and pb from stat bd A. Stat bd A will not be able to hold me back and will need to release me within one month from notice.

Would appreciate anyone who has exp with similar scenario to share your view on which option is a better choice.

If I were you, I will go for movement policy.

Unregistered 06-12-2022 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236533)
1. Are there pushing factor from SB A? If not, I suggest you go through movement. $400 I assume is not a lot to you since your MI would already cover part of the $400, so if say your MI is $200, your real increment is only $200 for forgoing your PB.
2. Are you on good terms with your RO? The 3 month is not definite, can be discussed.
3. If there are pushing factor from A and going to B may make you happier, YOLO.

Thanks! Yes, i am on good terms with my current RO. Will take zyour advice into serious thoughts. Thanks!

Unregistered 06-12-2022 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236495)
Hopefully 🥺

1 week plus already hope the loa coming soon

Unregistered 07-12-2022 03:38 PM

I have accepted an offer (via email) from a stat board under movement policy. Should I wait for the Letter of Appointment to be signed and then inform my RO or should I now inform my RO that the other agency has offered and I have decided to accept the offer? Thanks

Unregistered 08-12-2022 09:06 AM

Just replied to accept an offer from a stat board govt agency (non uniformed) and submitted pre employment health screening form. Was told that I would be contacted further for a medical screening at clinic. Any idea what would be entailed in the medical screening? My past exp at pvt sector was just simply visit clinic, talk to the doc and do some simple eye check and xray test. Thanks

Unregistered 08-12-2022 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236685)
Just replied to accept an offer from a stat board govt agency (non uniformed) and submitted pre employment health screening form. Was told that I would be contacted further for a medical screening at clinic. Any idea what would be entailed in the medical screening? My past exp at pvt sector was just simply visit clinic, talk to the doc and do some simple eye check and xray test. Thanks

check bird bird big or small lo

Unregistered 12-12-2022 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236685)

Ministry of Home Affairs?

NinjaDog 14-12-2022 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236953)
Ministry of Home Affairs?

Any idea or anyone have any experience can tell me if I can reneg on the job offer after I have signed contract with MHA but haven't started work? I have an offer with MHA but only given 2 days to consider????

Have an interview with another stat board next week and want to do a comparison of the 2 culture and pay difference.