Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 27-07-2021 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178557)
Mine is second, after verbal offer.

interesting that the time that they spoke the referrals were different for you and the previous response. Wondering if the difference could be due to internal referrals (meaning already working in the same ministry and applying to a different branch?)

Unregistered 27-07-2021 06:47 PM

Hi all, May I ask if the personal particulars form itself is the G50
Form? Does this mean that they are seriously considering e candidate? It’s after the interview but no verbal offer yet, just submit forms. Also, is a credit report form a necessity in the ministries? Thanks!

Unregistered 28-07-2021 12:16 PM

Hi, I am wondering which ministry or stat board requires candidate to submit his/her credit report form?

Unregistered 28-07-2021 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178642)
Hi, I am wondering which ministry or stat board requires candidate to submit his/her credit report form?

All of them cause they want to ensure you are not financially embarrassed

Unregistered 28-07-2021 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178650)
All of them cause they want to ensure you are not financially embarrassed

No, not really! from what i know, all new joiners are required to complete a declaration form (investment/purchase of property) before your first day with them. depends on what you had declare, HR will follow up accordingly.

i am curious because i am sure that not all ministry/stat board has such practice unless the position (you applied for) has some sensitive issue in it.

Unregistered 28-07-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178553)
Hi all, I’ve been asked to submit credit report forms after my interview. May I know if this is an indication that they are keen to proceed or is it still at the stage of deliberation. Has anyone else been asked to submit these reports? Thanks!

which agency is this? Uniform group/uniform group-related?

Unregistered 28-07-2021 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178654)
which agency is this? Uniform group/uniform group-related?

Civilian role within MHA. I was surprised too, as I had not heard of people submitting credit report forms. Anyone knows if your credit score will affect your chances or is it just to make sure you are not in financial debt

Unregistered 28-07-2021 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178655)
Civilian role within MHA. I was surprised too, as I had not heard of people submitting credit report forms. Anyone knows if your credit score will affect your chances or is it just to make sure you are not in financial debt

i think this is normal, just to make sure you are not in debt.

Unregistered 28-07-2021 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178655)

For roles that might be prone to corruption, they will run a check.

Every yr also need to declare and give consent for them to get ur credit report

Unregistered 29-07-2021 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178563)
interesting that the time that they spoke the referrals were different for you and the previous response. Wondering if the difference could be due to internal referrals (meaning already working in the same ministry and applying to a different branch?)

No, i join from private sector.