Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 17-11-2022 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234936)
What does an internal position mean and why is my P handing it out to so many people like it means nothing?

That’s a lousy way of saying “I want to test your capabilities but I don’t want to give you your deserved title/pay/benefits.” Internal appointments are really not worth it. Do more but it’s not a guaranteed that you will be sent for official kp interview. They might drop you after you slogged so hard.

Unregistered 17-11-2022 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235012)
That’s a lousy way of saying “I want to test your capabilities but I don’t want to give you your deserved title/pay/benefits.” Internal appointments are really not worth it. Do more but it’s not a guaranteed that you will be sent for official kp interview. They might drop you after you slogged so hard.

if you want to be considered for actual kp appt then no choice right, still have to bear with it, at least got hope

Unregistered 17-11-2022 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235013)
if you want to be considered for actual kp appt then no choice right, still have to bear with it, at least got hope

A better way is to go for open posting. Find a leader who believes in you and will send you for interview first.

Alternatively, go for a HQ posting and when you complete your stint, you will go for enhanced posting and you automatically get a chance to go for kp interview first.

Unregistered 17-11-2022 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235019)
A better way is to go for open posting. Find a leader who believes in you and will send you for interview first.

Alternatively, go for a HQ posting and when you complete your stint, you will go for enhanced posting and you automatically get a chance to go for kp interview first.

The downside to that is being in HQ. :p

Unregistered 17-11-2022 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235046)

Better than slog so hard and don’t get the interview chance in the end. I’ve seen ppl who are internally appointed as AYH for 2 years, do a lot of work but still not sent for official interview. Furthermore, in addition to internal appointment, still must be a regular form teacher and CCA teacher. No reduction in teaching load as well because it’s an internal appointment. No responsibility allowance too. Why suffer so much? It’s like bullying those who can do more, give more work.

Unregistered 17-11-2022 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235049)
Better than slog so hard and don’t get the interview chance in the end. I’ve seen ppl who are internally appointed as AYH for 2 years, do a lot of work but still not sent for official interview. Furthermore, in addition to internal appointment, still must be a regular form teacher and CCA teacher. No reduction in teaching load as well because it’s an internal appointment. No responsibility allowance too. Why suffer so much? It’s like bullying those who can do more, give more work.

Nowdays tis kinda sai v common

Unregistered 17-11-2022 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235011)
Paper exercise. Doesn’t mean anything. Epms forms are just for filing. People only review it if there is a complaint or contest for perf grade.

for year end work review and submission of EPMS, does it still affect performance ranking? wouldn't ranking already be over by now?

Unregistered 18-11-2022 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235046)

i like HQ leh but HQ is big with many Divisions, Branches and good/bad depends on where you go?

Unregistered 18-11-2022 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235013)

Don't propagate this sort of toxic thinking that some SLs have. It is not a requirement to have done an internal appointment in order to sit for the interview. To really do a decent job as an internal appointee, you have to sacrifice a lot to still do justice to your core job as a form teacher, CCA teacher and your full teaching load. All that without extra pay. Not sure why HR doesn't officially prohibit this.

Unregistered 18-11-2022 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235109)
Don't propagate this sort of toxic thinking that some SLs have. It is not a requirement to have done an internal appointment in order to sit for the interview. To really do a decent job as an internal appointee, you have to sacrifice a lot to still do justice to your core job as a form teacher, CCA teacher and your full teaching load. All that without extra pay. Not sure why HR doesn't officially prohibit this.

not like you can demand for the interview right?
if you need SL approval/recommendation in order to be considered/interviewed then you also have to accept whatever crap they put as prerequisite (eg. internal appt) right?