Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 22-09-2022 03:41 PM

Am a sec3 student in bedok area. yall teachers so rabak ah? do so much but make so little.. dont so angry in class leh and give us so much hmwk. my papa's 1 month salary = 5x ur pay leh. but dont angst, i got do hmwk one and attend cca. ;)

Unregistered 22-09-2022 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230977)
Am a sec3 student in bedok area. yall teachers so rabak ah? do so much but make so little.. dont so angry in class leh and give us so much hmwk. my papa's 1 month salary = 5x ur pay leh. but dont angst, i got do hmwk one and attend cca. ;)

Wa ur daddy earn so mch but no moneh hire tutor for u?

Unregistered 23-09-2022 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230990)
Wa ur daddy earn so mch but no moneh hire tutor for u?

dun need leh, i mostly A scorer, sometimes B. U better hire tutor to teach u how to make more money cher

Unregistered 23-09-2022 11:23 AM

wow

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230892)
Does anyone have experience specializing in one subject after teaching for some time? What advice would you give on when to do this? And what are the pros and cons of doing so?

that means your sch has no shortage of teachers, at least for your teaching subjs. take it up lor. you'll get to have a taste of what JC teachers go through.

Unregistered 23-09-2022 11:28 AM

hey

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231037)
dun need leh, i mostly A scorer, sometimes B. U better hire tutor to teach u how to make more money cher

no need money. passion alone is enough to put food on the table.

anyways you dont give up in sch ok? you may not have many friends now, but once you leave school, a cushy job awaits you. just tahan a bit until N levels.

Unregistered 23-09-2022 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231037)

Wow. Getting As in neighbourhood sch leh! Genius

Unregistered 24-09-2022 10:15 PM

Will we still get MI in Apr next year? If we do, will it be the full increment?

Unregistered 24-09-2022 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231153)

Should be similar as previous years ba I guess

Unregistered 25-09-2022 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231153)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231180)
Should be similar as previous years ba I guess

No one really knows. Assuming "full increment" was pre-covid (2019 and before), the post-covid years (2020 onwards) had MI cut by 35% or so. PI seems to be cut too? Not sure about the latter though.

With covid, inflation, adjustments and rolling out of new policies/initiatives over the recent years, this industry is probably just going to get more turbulent and uncertain?

I guess can only wait till April 2023 to find out whether MI continues to be cut.

Unregistered 26-09-2022 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231043)
no need money. passion alone is enough to put food on the table.

anyways you dont give up in sch ok? you may not have many friends now, but once you leave school, a cushy job awaits you. just tahan a bit until N levels.

of course i wont give up school. straight As and abit Bs leh. Alot friends too always come to my bungalow and bbq tgt leh. u leh cher, alot of ur frens come to ur hdb anot? ;) and i like how u cher assume im N lvl leh, just to make urself feel good. end of the day u just a cher leh, low paying job but long working hrs. xD