Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 12-11-2022 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234719)
Does your P play a role in nominating officers for FLP or is it totally centrally planned by HR? Typically how many years into service can we expect an invitation if we are not EMS scholars and have been identified o be hi-po?

Usually those with FLP prospects won't have to ask this type of question. They will be engaged in conversation about it by their SLs, RO and HR.

If you have to ask here, likely you have no chance.

Unregistered 13-11-2022 05:52 PM

Teaching or leadership track?

Hi, need some advice here. I've been told that I'd be taking up LM next year. GEO3 here. Just had my time promotion a year ago. My HOD is trying to sound me out and offering me to train me to go into ST track. I'm quite taken aback by both offers and I want to hear more before deciding which one I'd take up. Thanks in advance!

Unregistered 13-11-2022 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234784)
Hi, need some advice here. I've been told that I'd be taking up LM next year. GEO3 here. Just had my time promotion a year ago. My HOD is trying to sound me out and offering me to train me to go into ST track. I'm quite taken aback by both offers and I want to hear more before deciding which one I'd take up. Thanks in advance!

Are you a scholar?

Unregistered 14-11-2022 09:17 PM

Quote:

What's LM?

Unregistered 14-11-2022 11:41 PM

internal?

Quote:

are this offers for internal appointment?
I hope the school do send you for official interview to take on KP role, then that is more confirmed.

I hope the sounding out or verbal offer is not just a bait for you to stay on. Check in with the head consistently! All the best!

Unregistered 16-11-2022 07:57 AM

What does an internal position mean and why is my P handing it out to so many people like it means nothing?

Unregistered 16-11-2022 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234936)
What does an internal position mean and why is my P handing it out to so many people like it means nothing?

internal position like what?

Unregistered 17-11-2022 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234936)

What do you mean by “many people” and “internal positions”?

I do not think that there will be many internal appointments to begin with. When we talk about internal appointment, it is usually given to officers who have shown potential and interest to take up the role. Usually within 1-2 years of doing that, he/she will go for interview to be officially appointed. The internal role given will allow the officer to try the role out while preparing him/her for the interview since it provides better clarity on the responsibilities and gives one things to share on during the interview. Some schools do not practise that. But given that now officers can only go for interview at geo 4, it may be a way to sustain their interest.

If you are referring to other duties like level rep, case managers etc, they are more of roles for additional contribution towards the organisation. If you do it well, you may be noticed and subsequently given internal appointments or identified for ST track.

Unregistered 17-11-2022 09:17 AM

Do the work review RO comments serve as a useful indicator of our performance grade for the ywr? Or is it always positive sounding just as a paper exercise and doesn't really mean anything.

Unregistered 17-11-2022 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235003)
Do the work review RO comments serve as a useful indicator of our performance grade for the ywr? Or is it always positive sounding just as a paper exercise and doesn't really mean anything.

Paper exercise. Doesn’t mean anything. Epms forms are just for filing. People only review it if there is a complaint or contest for perf grade.