Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 02-12-2022 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236316)
Im sure they were. Explains why u ended up like this.

Imagine the kind of retards who would work such long hours in a boring job teaching the same worthless curriculum for years on end for **** pay.

Unregistered 02-12-2022 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236117)
Got such rule????

My sch is one of those. Next year, They want students to wear sch uniform so as a result, want teachers to also dress up

Unregistered 03-12-2022 12:59 PM

CONNECT 1st payout

Hi all, enquiring about CONNECT payout. I understand that it is paid at the end of 4th CONNECT year. I completed my practicum in 2020, which I understand is counted as year 0 as it is "not a full year of trained teaching". I also got a D grade that year which I'm not sure if it affects my CONNECT payout.

Anyways, based on my HRP it shows 1 CONNECT deposit which is in Dec 2021. I am expecting the same for Dec 2022 as well. Am I right to say that I will only be credited the 1st payout in Dec 2024? Thank in advance for those who can weigh in.

Unregistered 03-12-2022 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236392)
Hi all, enquiring about CONNECT payout. I understand that it is paid at the end of 4th CONNECT year. I completed my practicum in 2020, which I understand is counted as year 0 as it is "not a full year of trained teaching". I also got a D grade that year which I'm not sure if it affects my CONNECT payout.

Anyways, based on my HRP it shows 1 CONNECT deposit which is in Dec 2021. I am expecting the same for Dec 2022 as well. Am I right to say that I will only be credited the 1st payout in Dec 2024? Thank in advance for those who can weigh in.

2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 - so yes, first payout in Dec 2024

also, how did you end up with a D?

Ur dad 03-12-2022 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236321)
Imagine the kind of retards who would work such long hours in a boring job teaching the same worthless curriculum for years on end for **** pay.

Nice try buddy

Unregistered 05-12-2022 01:33 PM

I was wondering, when you change scheme eg. MX to EO or AED to EO, how is the MOE long service award counted for EO? Starting from the time you join MOE on MX/AED scheme or from the time you become EO? TIA

Unregistered 05-12-2022 06:49 PM

Not new to ranking exercise, but this year coupled with my midlife crisis it hit me really hard. Almost everybody below geo5 was working WAY above their pay grade. We had geo3 internally appointed SHs and AYHs, all jostling for As and Bs. Their work life balance is nonexistent and they are always being chased out by the OSO at 7pm. We have a geo4 HOD holding double portfolio because another HOD ragequit. We have young GEO5 (33yo) straddling 4 committees and 48 periods per week.

What is going on with our system? Why is it a requirement to work two or three grades above your subgrade and why are people being labelled poor team players with bad organisational awareness and being accused of "quiet quitting" if they just do their jobs and nothing more?

Unregistered 05-12-2022 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236505)
I was wondering, when you change scheme eg. MX to EO or AED to EO, how is the MOE long service award counted for EO? Starting from the time you join MOE on MX/AED scheme or from the time you become EO? TIA

Civil service LSA counts from the time you became a civil servant. If you resign and rejoin then it resets. If you do lateral transfer but still remain a civil servant then the count continues.

Unregistered 05-12-2022 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236520)
Not new to ranking exercise, but this year coupled with my midlife crisis it hit me really hard. Almost everybody below geo5 was working WAY above their pay grade. We had geo3 internally appointed SHs and AYHs, all jostling for As and Bs. Their work life balance is nonexistent and they are always being chased out by the OSO at 7pm. We have a geo4 HOD holding double portfolio because another HOD ragequit. We have young GEO5 (33yo) straddling 4 committees and 48 periods per week.

What is going on with our system? Why is it a requirement to work two or three grades above your subgrade and why are people being labelled poor team players with bad organisational awareness and being accused of "quiet quitting" if they just do their jobs and nothing more?

Because not everyone is working equally hard. So those who are willing are picking up the slack for those who aren’t.

Unregistered 05-12-2022 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236520)

I'm one of those young GEO3 who works way above their subgrade. And yes I've no life. My skin has suffered too. It's been so bad since I started teaching, lack of sleep, eat whatever that's fast and convenient and not enough water becos I've no time to go toilet. I hold 3 positions, a CCA IC and sitting in 3 committees, with countless schoolwide events and projects. The GEO5s are telling me I'm too hardworking. I want to be like some of them too. They are basically classroom teachers with one small role.

But how can I slow down when my RO told me I need to do more, he is constantly putting me down. Even told me during work review that becos I didn't do as much as I should, I'm ranked at the bottom of my subgrade. I've been getting straight Bs until I changed to this RO. Now I'm a C+ but I still win awards every year though. While I thanked my HOD for these awards, she is also the one who overworked me. Sometimes I feel as though I need to show her that I'm not so reliable/capable, so she won't ask me to lead and spearhead this and that. So as much as I want to slow down and perform at my subgrade, I can't. How do you say no when your boss throws work at you and at the same time, your RO constantly reminds you at work review that you're not doing enough.

It's confusing and frustrating and I've had enough. I'm getting my very first connect plan payout next year and intend to tender my resignation right after. The amount of hours that I worked, weekdays, weekends and public holidays is ridiculous compared to my uni peers in other sectors.