Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 27-04-2022 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215903)
Real for those with Grade B and above I suppose.

Not real for the many of us with a Grade C.

I agree too...I think a total of 3.5 months (average) would be more realistic for most people out there...

Unregistered 27-04-2022 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215844)
I have a colleague who is covering a KP position for at least 6 years. Does that mean this person is not suitable/ sch is not ready / any particular reason?

The person should have run off

Unregistered 27-04-2022 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215806)
Excluding Covid 19 years, my PB was
Mid year +Year end CS bonus - Avging 1.3 mth
AWS - 1mth
PB B -Avging 2mth+

~Min 4Month

How is this unreal?

In one of years (A grade for PB)
I even got 5mth+ bonus

It's unreal for the AVERAGE teacher. The AVERAGE is not B. Unless you mean after 10 years you still stuck at GEO3 and being ranked against the BTs and new teachers. Lol then ok yeah every year B, I give it to you. But if you have normal progression and you get B on average, means you are ABOVE AVERAGE and your annual bonus is ABOVE AVERAGE. Not "minimum".

Unregistered 27-04-2022 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215917)
It's unreal for the AVERAGE teacher. The AVERAGE is not B. Unless you mean after 10 years you still stuck at GEO3 and being ranked against the BTs and new teachers. Lol then ok yeah every year B, I give it to you. But if you have normal progression and you get B on average, means you are ABOVE AVERAGE and your annual bonus is ABOVE AVERAGE. Not "minimum".

If your subgrade is low, getting a B for the past 2 years are not as difficult as you think. For my school, we give all the GEO 3 at least a B due to covid as the quota for B is more

Unregistered 27-04-2022 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215922)
If your subgrade is low, getting a B for the past 2 years are not as difficult as you think. For my school, we give all the GEO 3 at least a B due to covid as the quota for B is more

Kinda missing the point. People are claiming that 4+ months bonus is normal and they can get it year after year. But it's not normal for majority of teachers.

It's only normal for:
- people stuck at GEO3 for prolonged periods of time
- extraordinary periods such as covid times when larger quotas for higher perf grades are available
- extraordinarily performing officers

For the rest, 4+ is not normal. It's more like 3-3.5 months in an average year.

Unregistered 27-04-2022 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215887)
I see, so far there’s HOD and this person is covering SH position. Still covering after these years hence I’m curious to know if she is not suitable or SL may reserve place for someone else

Then it is kinda strange. Not sure if the person has gone for interview but didn’t clear it. Unlikely for the person to cover the position for such a long period without going for the interview too.

Unregistered 28-04-2022 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215922)

Wow really? Then I'm only getting a C+. Quite demoralising.

Unregistered 28-04-2022 09:02 AM

I’ve been told one’s marital status & whether one has children affects one’s CEP (especially if one is a female).. is this true?

Unregistered 28-04-2022 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215973)
I’ve been told one’s marital status & whether one has children affects one’s CEP (especially if one is a female).. is this true?

Told by? Not true

Unregistered 28-04-2022 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215960)
Wow really? Then I'm only getting a C+. Quite demoralising.

The fact that you are getting a C+ shows that they recognised your effort to do more than what your subgrade requires, and that you are performing better than a number of teachers in the same grade. Yo get a B in the last few years is not as difficult, but that doesnt mean that it is easy. You need to perform above and beyond your scope. Sometimes, you might not be even that opportunity simply because you are new, your subgrade is Low and they don’t want to overwhelm you or others have taken up the roles. If you want anything beyond a C+ l, have a conversation with your RO to see how else you can value add to the school. It also helps to rethink about the AFG highlighted by your RO during WR.