Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 22-03-2022 09:46 PM

How is ranking done at HQ? Is it rank within branch or by division?

Unregistered 22-03-2022 09:57 PM

Should I talk to my RO if I am upset with my perf grade? All my colleagues say I'm doing well but I get default C?

Unregistered 22-03-2022 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209796)
Should I talk to my RO if I am upset with my perf grade? All my colleagues say I'm doing well but I get default C?

can ask your Ro to cite examples of higher grade ppl for u to see where u stand. maybe compared to these ppl, u are good but they are better

Unregistered 22-03-2022 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209777)
Take your 4th yr connect Plan and serve your last day on Dec 31.

OP here. For my case, 4th year connect plan meaning 2024 dec payout? As I finished practicum March 2020. Am I right to say that?

Is first CONNECT plan payout 15.2k fixed for everyone?

Isn't it more worth it to tahan until March, since its one more term, get PB and zao after that? Since I would already have served the full year before that and assuming average performance, a C grade PB?

Unregistered 22-03-2022 10:58 PM

To add on, does CONNECT plan take into account years served as UCT? NIE is definitely a no I guess.

Unregistered 22-03-2022 11:14 PM

You should be able to see when you will receive your connect plan payout when you log in. Nie is not counted.

Unregistered 22-03-2022 11:30 PM

Promotion

When does HR informs P of our promotion? When will P inform us?

Unregistered 23-03-2022 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200039)
With YHs and AYHs around why still need SH/Discipline?

Eh. Not sure what’s the student profile in your school.

AYH YH are really taking care of the students’ well-being and more bao ga Liao. Attendance, referral to social services, abuse cases, parents partnerships. They are like I/C of all the form Teachers.

Discipline is discipline… for those who break rules?

Totally different. Both roles are important. There may be some overlaps but it’s rather distinct.

Unregistered 23-03-2022 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DepressedFreshie (Post 203253)
I am NIE fresh grad honours distinction recently posted to a missionary school. I’m still adjusting to the school culture, quite depressing to come to work every morning where the teachers here are not as friendly compared to my practicum neighbourhood schools. So as usual I get blank stares or with no response at all upon a friendly greeting saying Hi, Good Morning or Thank You.

As a BT, I work closely with one particular teacher from my department (whom I will be replacing as she’s leaving). Whenever I ask her questions she often speaks to me in a loud, condescending tone in the staff room, especially with her passive aggressive behaviour. She is constantly rude to me like she speaks to her P5 or P6 pupils. She often threatened me l as though its the end of the world whenever I made mistakes or things that I didn’t know or rather didn’t ask.

Really in need of advice what are the things I should really take note of especially knowing that I will be taking over all her classes at the same time knowing she’s not helping at all for the transition. I really want to help my students to do well despite very minimal resources which I just started building.

Apologies if I’m rambling. Really depressed thinking how to survive my first year.

Thank you to whoever is reading out there.

Don’t worry too much.
Just think about the students and try your best for them.
There will always be rude or mean people around but others may just be tired or busy and no mood to be friendly and cheerful. I’ve been smiling less at new teachers over the years as I’m so burdened and tired.

Seek help from other teachers or your RO.
Use AFL to gauge the students’ standard and know their needs. Just start afresh. Don’t need her input.

Unregistered 23-03-2022 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209438)
Thanks for the info, really helpful to know.

Well from my RO, he mentioned to me before my CEP is good and moving well up. However our sch has all positions filled up, including all HOD, SH, LH, we even have some subject with 2 LH
So KP level is totally full already

I have no appointments at all till date because there is no space for any hahaha
Staying in the school is actually v challenging too because everyone is doing very well and snatching a piece of your credit. Most of the time, ppl want to be part of something and get that credit

In fact this is the first time I feel why teachers have politics..

Wa. Thankfully mine isn’t like that. We don’t really have people at least in my department who will steal credit. We have some positions open as well.
Might be better for you to transfer to another school.