Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 10-07-2021 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177509)
I went for 2 interviews on Friday. One lasted 20 min, the other just 10 min. But I didn't have a good feeling. Now just waiting for the "death" sentence for them to officially say no to me.

For a teaching position or KP?

Unregistered 10-07-2021 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177511)
For a teaching position or KP?

Teaching position. How about yourself? Are you looking at teaching or KP?

Unregistered 10-07-2021 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177512)
Teaching position. How about yourself? Are you looking at teaching or KP?

Teaching.

One of my interviews also lasted ard 20 mins. I was offered the position though. Dont give up :)

Unregistered 11-07-2021 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177520)
Teaching.

One of my interviews also lasted ard 20 mins. I was offered the position though. Dont give up :)

How long did it take for them to tell you the results?

Unregistered 11-07-2021 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177504)
Thanks for the feedback - I am an NSman. What is the GEO4 range may I ask?

The GEO4 range is 4.5-7.2k.

In his fifth year of service a freshly promoted GEO4 (NSman) might be drawing approx 5.5-5.8k.

Unregistered 11-07-2021 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177509)
I went for 2 interviews on Friday. One lasted 20 min, the other just 10 min. But I didn't have a good feeling. Now just waiting for the "death" sentence for them to officially say no to me.

Expectations are very high nowadays. MOE can afford to pick and choose only the best. I had a BT who was good and hardworking. It took her a few tries to get in. Heard they went through a few rounds of interview. There's even a trial lesson ob for her. Besides a good degree, you have to be good at talking, speak gd English and show your passion. Know what is happening in education.

Unregistered 11-07-2021 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177537)
How long did it take for them to tell you the results?

I had my interviews on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday last week. The one on Tues got back to me on Thursday. Those on Wednesday and Thursday got back to me on the day itself.

Unregistered 12-07-2021 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177488)
Hi, I graduated from NIE around 5 years back and currently with my secondary school for the past 5 years, drawing a base salary of $5k. Is this commensurate with the market average? If not, what is it roughly? Wondering if there are room for negotiations, thanks!

Like what previous response mentioned, it depends on your GEO.
On top of that, a first class honours would give you a slight headstart compared to a 2nd lower for example.

Unregistered 12-07-2021 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177576)
I had my interviews on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday last week. The one on Tues got back to me on Thursday. Those on Wednesday and Thursday got back to me on the day itself.

Just curious, which one accepted you? BTW, congratulations!

Unregistered 12-07-2021 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177573)
Expectations are very high nowadays. MOE can afford to pick and choose only the best. I had a BT who was good and hardworking. It took her a few tries to get in. Heard they went through a few rounds of interview. There's even a trial lesson ob for her. Besides a good degree, you have to be good at talking, speak gd English and show your passion. Know what is happening in education.

Suddenly, a good teacher doesn't only means able to teach the students well. A good teacher must also be able to market yourself well. HAHA. Good luck to whoever who is also trying out the OPE this year.