Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 19-07-2022 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225873)
School's Div vacancies for Special Assistant cannot be found in open posting. Your colleague has been recommended by your P and endorsed by Supt for the posting. I was an SA a few years ago. There were 5 of us in the tea session and all of us got in. I supposed ZDs usually trust the endorsement of the P and Supt.

As long as you have a stint from HQ, I would say that it would help you in one's career because the 2 to 3 years spent in HQ will widen your perspectives. Some div like SD are more hard to get in due to the fact that the vacancies are not even found in APEX.

That’s what they want you to believe.

Unregistered 20-07-2022 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225873)
As long as you have a stint from HQ, I would say that it would help you in one's career because the 2 to 3 years spent in HQ will widen your perspectives.

Hmm.. going to HQ is definitely better than staying in one school forever, but whether the HQ posting actually widens your perspectives in a beneficial manner and prepares you for management and leadership in a school setting/on the ground is another.

Let's just say that the perception of certain branches as "low class postings" and certain divs/branches as "high flyer"/"chiongster postings" is not based on complete fluff. Most people may not care, but who exactly you rub shoulders with and the exact level of policymaking that you deal with (if at all - or if you are just doing grunt work without being able to influence policy at all) may be of interest to the more hardcore go-getters.

Unregistered 20-07-2022 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225919)
Hmm.. going to HQ is definitely better than staying in one school forever, but whether the HQ posting actually widens your perspectives in a beneficial manner and prepares you for management and leadership in a school setting/on the ground is another.

Let's just say that the perception of certain branches as "low class postings" and certain divs/branches as "high flyer"/"chiongster postings" is not based on complete fluff. Most people may not care, but who exactly you rub shoulders with and the exact level of policymaking that you deal with (if at all - or if you are just doing grunt work without being able to influence policy at all) may be of interest to the more hardcore go-getters.

What would be some examples of low class postings and high flyer postings?

Unregistered 20-07-2022 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225933)
What would be some examples of low class postings and high flyer postings?

High class posting: CPO, CEG, GEB

Unregistered 20-07-2022 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225961)

You don't know what you're talking about. Other than being a special assistant in schs div, a. Posting in any policy wing in hq is considered having a real leg up.

Unregistered 20-07-2022 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225961)

GEB considered high class??? Lol worked with a few of them, and they seemed pretty cmi to me

Unregistered 21-07-2022 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224491)
I reached Geo 5 at 32.
Not a scholar, but consistently A/B grade. Appointed SH and subsequently HOD.
I would think that good perf plus faster promotion then played a part in that.

This kind of fast track very kelong...Many ppl i know at 32 might still at GEO 3 , very few at GEO 4

Unregistered 21-07-2022 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225882)
What’s the job scope of a special assistant?

providing special services to stressed teachers

Unregistered 21-07-2022 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225973)
You don't know what you're talking about. Other than being a special assistant in schs div, a. Posting in any policy wing in hq is considered having a real leg up.

Like that almost any hq posting is a leg up. Then what kind of hq posting is not very useful then

Unregistered 21-07-2022 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225994)
GEB considered high class??? Lol worked with a few of them, and they seemed pretty cmi to me

Part of their application process is to write an essay if I remember. There was a sharing earlier by hq officers to Teachers about jobs in hq. If not high class they won't ask for such high barriers right