Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 25-03-2022 09:53 PM

2019: GEO2 fresh BT out of PGDE
2020: GEO3
2022: GEO4

How's my progression rate? This is my 4th year teaching and was thinking its a good time to shift school or to hq as things have become a little stale in my school. Yet, there is always inertia to leave. Those who have left via OP, why did you leave and how are you doing?

Unregistered 25-03-2022 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210353)

How's my progression rate? This is my 4th year teaching and was thinking its a good time to shift school or to hq as things have become a little stale in my school. Yet, there is always inertia to leave. Those who have left via OP, why did you leave and how are you doing?

Smells fishy. If your PGDE was completed in 2019, your confirmation would have been in Apr 2020, and if you are an NSman your cohort promotion would have been in Oct 2020. You only spent 1.5 years at GEO3? That's faster than a PSC scholar.

Unregistered 25-03-2022 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210355)
Smells fishy. If your PGDE was completed in 2019, your confirmation would have been in Apr 2020, and if you are an NSman your cohort promotion would have been in Oct 2020. You only spent 1.5 years at GEO3? That's faster than a PSC scholar.

Could be a mid career

Unregistered 25-03-2022 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210308)
Anyone knows how much is the increment from geo2 to geo3? Heard that it used to be close to 1k but recent years only 500 due to poor economy. Anyone can share?

It was about 500 for me - and that was around a decade ago.

Unregistered 25-03-2022 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210355)

confirmation and cohort promotion same time in Apr. so 2 years as GEO3

Unregistered 25-03-2022 11:03 PM

May I check if there is any criteria for promotion?
HR decides everything? Can P or RO do anything to help?

Unregistered 25-03-2022 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210365)
May I check if there is any criteria for promotion?
HR decides everything? Can P or RO do anything to help?

Wow people really do come here and ask the same question over and over even though it's answered in the recent 2 to 3 pages.

Yes of course there are criteria and formulae to determine when an officer is up for promotion. But the information is confidential and kept within HR. We don't get any of this information.

Can P or RO help? Yes, but only by raising CEP. The higher the CEP, the shorter the interval between being identified for promotion. Once identified, your P will be invited to recommend.

Unregistered 25-03-2022 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210353)

I mean this is about as fast as it can go already. What kind of scholar are you? Overseas / EMS? If not, school has probably raised your CEP. Now you are GEO4, can consider SH positions in the school and discuss with your RO. If not, HQ option would also be good, and can come back as KP

Unregistered 25-03-2022 11:52 PM

Aiyahhh

Hope u feel better when u read my colleague's /best friend story. Onto her ninth year as GEO2.

Her PB A sia.. I don't understand why she isn't promoted. She's always in various committees, CCA competitions and SWC. She never complain. She's a quiet efficient hard worker, a really good teacher. but still no promotion in sight. As much as I want to help, I've no power lor. I got promoted, but not her. My PB string of C+ lor, never had an A before. I feel sian for her..

Hoping to find out more from this thread for her... But I guess we will never find out why.

Unregistered 26-03-2022 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210371)
I mean this is about as fast as it can go already. What kind of scholar are you? Overseas / EMS? If not, school has probably raised your CEP. Now you are GEO4, can consider SH positions in the school and discuss with your RO. If not, HQ option would also be good, and can come back as KP

Not all come out from HQ become KP. If he/she is not scholar, better stay in school first and brush up on her pedagogy and stuff. Otherwise go HQ, don’t know this don’t know that, end up suffering.