Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 23-04-2022 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215231)
yup already suspected so...you might have to wait one or two more years.

but with your current B grades, promotion next year should come :)

Just felt the wait is too long :(

Because everyone around me same batch are all 4 but I’m still at 3 with better grades, hence the motivational level is so affected *cries*

My department has all KPs filled. ST SH LH whatever you can think of

Unregistered 23-04-2022 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215246)

Because everyone around me same batch are all 4 but I’m still at 3 with better grades, hence the motivational level is so affected *cries*

It is understandable and definitely reasonable for a teacher to desire progression. In fact, it's weird if you are NOT driven. So what you feel is totally normal and valid.

However it is important to recognise that the teaching service has an enormous progression bottleneck at almost every level of management. If teacher to SH/LH/AYH/ST already feels like a tight squeeze, the HOD to VP bottleneck is asphyxiating. This is because of the way the hierarchy is structured, with certain levels having an extremely large number of people reporting to one manager. So while in the teaching service, you have to keep in mind that the vast majority of officers will never progress beyond normal teacher, because after all the normal teacher is the driving force that keeps the wheels of the system turning. This is to help keep your expectations realistic.

Unregistered 23-04-2022 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215121)
Hi teachers, need some advice..

My performance has always been very good for the past 5 years.
But yet I’m not promoted to a GEO 4 yet.
I’m doing fairly more than my peers teaching same subjects from other schools, and perhaps equivalent to those in my same school.
My friends in other schools are all 4 and minority of them already at KP level.

Spoke to my RO but he just say don’t complain, just work, not your time yet. But every time just telling me I’m doing well very good and CEP is good which I never know how true.

Should I continue to stay in this school and wait for miracle
Or
Look for another during open posting?
I can’t bear to leave what I’ve set up/created for the school but if no future there, then it’s a waste of my time.

Will open posting schools look for/accept higher GEO Teachers during interview? Or GEO 3 stands the same chance?

I felt really demoralised and taken for granted for being the youngest there.

Thanks in advance for spending some time for reading this :(

Five year in service? Or five year in GEO3?
This is also my fourth year in GEO3 since 2019, I got C+, B, A for the last three years
Guess HR changed their calculation and criteria for promotion, maybe age, YIS or even marriage status are the factors apart from PB grade and cep.

Unregistered 23-04-2022 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215246)

Same, no position in schools.
I’m also in GEO3 for the fourth year, C+, B, A for the past three years in Geo3.
I guess HR likes to pace the promotion now, so the criteria maybe age/Year in service or even marital status, rather than just PB Grade+ CEP. Unless you are EMS/PSC scholars.

Unregistered 23-04-2022 04:31 PM

One more year ba... Get your promotion before gg to hq.

Unregistered 23-04-2022 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215252)
Same, no position in schools.
I’m also in GEO3 for the fourth year, C+, B, A for the past three years in Geo3.
I guess HR likes to pace the promotion now, so the criteria maybe age/Year in service or even marital status, rather than just PB Grade+ CEP. Unless you are EMS/PSC scholars.

Even EMS scholars don’t automatically get the promotion from GEO3 to GEO4 before 5 years of service. Go figure..

Unregistered 23-04-2022 07:51 PM

How many years in service do people usually hit geo 3 to geo 4? on average

Unregistered 23-04-2022 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215288)

For degree holders:

Before 2015, it was common to spend about 2 years as GEO1A1 (3) before being promoted to GEO1A2 (4). This applied to both scholars and farmers. Sometimes they took 3-3.5 years, but rarely more than that.

After 2015, it was common for high tier scholars to take about 2-2.5 years, consistently good performing local scholars and award holders to take 3-4 years if their CEP was reviewed positively by their schools' panels, and others to take between 3 to 7 years.

The average is quite uninformative because there is such a wide spread.

Unregistered 23-04-2022 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215288)

From Geo 3 to 4: 1 year for high fliers, 2 to 4 years for average people

Unregistered 23-04-2022 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215298)
From Geo 3 to 4: 1 year for high fliers, 2 to 4 years for average people

Fastest non-scholar I seen post-2015 is 2 years from eo3 to 4.