Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 22-03-2022 06:29 PM

Practically speaking, when is the best time to leave the force? Is it after March PB as you have already collected previous year AWS and CS bonus, plus PB. When will CONNECT plan be paid out? For that matter, how does CONNECT work? Does everyone get the same standard deposit per year and how do I check how much has been deposited for me. First payout is how many %?

For context, I'm a 3rd year BT. Bond ending in April next year (Practicum completed April 2020). Evaluating my options on what to do when the time comes.

Unregistered 22-03-2022 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209752)
Practically speaking, when is the best time to leave the force? Is it after March PB as you have already collected previous year AWS and CS bonus, plus PB. When will CONNECT plan be paid out? For that matter, how does CONNECT work? Does everyone get the same standard deposit per year and how do I check how much has been deposited for me. First payout is how many %?

For context, I'm a 3rd year BT. Bond ending in April next year (Practicum completed April 2020). Evaluating my options on what to do when the time comes.

Trap of civil service…wanna quit think wait till get PB…then wait to get mid year bonus…then wait to get ur end and 13th mth bonus…and Connect Plan…which is close to PB. Lol
But economy is screwed up if you ask me best time is tender now after collect PB since unlikely mid yr will be good anyway.

Unregistered 22-03-2022 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209747)
I got promoted to GEO3 last October, but when I received my PB, it was a default C. My RO told me that it's because they were ranking me with the rest of the GEO3 officers hence default grade. Wth isn't this unfair and shorrchanging me since ranking is done in Aug? Any place I can appeal pb ranking?

May I know what outstanding achievement you have managed to attain for you to strongly believe that you should get better than a default C?

Unregistered 22-03-2022 07:06 PM

Quote:

I got promoted to GEO3 last October, but when I received my PB, it was a default C. My RO told me that it's because they were ranking me with the rest of the GEO3 officers hence default grade. Wth isn't this unfair and shorrchanging me since ranking is done in Aug? Any place I can appeal pb ranking?

You haven't provided any reasons for thinking it is unfair and you are shortchanged. If you want your appeal to be taken seriously, you will need to provide solid evidence that you hit some of the KRAs under the B or A columns for GEO3. Not here la of course, I mean when you submit the appeal. Make sure you have it ready.

Then there's also the other issue - are the other GEO3s really competitive? Good performers? If so, it will be more difficult to be ranked above them. Such is life.

Good luck.. if you still think you want to appeal, there's info available on HR Online (Intranet). Something tells me if you're not resourceful enough to search Intranet before coming here to whine, you might not be that great after all..

Unregistered 22-03-2022 07:11 PM

Quote:

If you are promoted in work year 2021, it is normal practice to rank you at your new subgrade for that year. Therefore for all intents and purposes you are a GEO3.

Two things for you to think about:

- GEO2 and GEO3.. not much difference in expectations. So if you are a C grader GEO3, it doesn't mean you are a B grader if you didn't get promoted

- Don't get used to feeling insulted when you get a C. C means Meeting Expectations, not Lousy. If you ever make it to the SEO grades you will be getting a lot of Cs

Unregistered 22-03-2022 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209752)

Take your 4th yr connect Plan and serve your last day on Dec 31.

Unregistered 22-03-2022 09:27 PM

2 appointment jump

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209635)
If your CEP is still put at SH, can you apply for a HOD role?

I afraid not. You can only apply when yr RO adjusts yr CEP on the following year.

Unregistered 22-03-2022 09:29 PM

PG in HQ

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209641)
But what if I'm still given the same workpieces leh for second year? Does that mean I will get C throughout my stint in HQ? :((

Different branch in different branch works differently.. You just do your best ba... afterall you are competing with HQ officers who deliver impact minimally at zonal level...

Unregistered 22-03-2022 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209777)
Take your 4th yr connect Plan and serve your last day on Dec 31.

If you're set on leaving already, I'd second this. First CONNECT payout is $15.2k.

Unregistered 22-03-2022 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209786)
I afraid not. You can only apply when yr RO adjusts yr CEP on the following year.

Wah Lao. That is disgusting man