Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 13-07-2022 11:30 PM

Anyone on ranking panel can share the rough distribution of CEP for GEO3 officers? Are there a lot of P8, with some P7 and a handful of P6?

Unregistered 14-07-2022 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willy (Post 225284)
Hello if anyone can advise what is number of years a confirmed SH needs to stay in the school before going for open posting?

Think it's in the FAQs in the Open Posting comms/websites. 3 years.

Unregistered 14-07-2022 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225293)
Anyone on ranking panel can share the rough distribution of CEP for GEO3 officers? Are there a lot of P8, with some P7 and a handful of P6?

Pretty much, yes. P6 would be rare (though not impossible) - it implies consecutive raising of CEP in a short period. Such cases will also likely be promoted to GEO4 soon enough.

Unregistered 17-07-2022 05:54 PM

Release date

Hello!

How do we know if we will be released in Jan or Jun for open posting?

Thanks!

Unregistered 17-07-2022 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225652)
Hello!

How do we know if we will be released in Jan or Jun for open posting?

Thanks!

You wld have received ur released date thru HRP when ur P/ branch head endorsed ur application.

Unregistered 18-07-2022 09:55 PM

Saw a fellow KP get nominated to attend an interview to be a special assistant at schools div. What's the criteria to be chosen and do these posts help ones career?

Unregistered 18-07-2022 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225769)
Saw a fellow KP get nominated to attend an interview to be a special assistant at schools div. What's the criteria to be chosen and do these posts help ones career?

Depends. Did they apply thru open posting?

Usually a lot of these positions are open for Facilitated HQ Posting. But the interviews would have been conducted in Jan/Feb.

You get to rub shoulders with SLs and Cluster Supts throughout your stint. It can be useful.

Unregistered 19-07-2022 01:21 AM

today there is a student mother asking me to go hotel with her piak her and let her son learn about s-e-x education.

Should i take this opportunity?

Unregistered 19-07-2022 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225769)

School's Div vacancies for Special Assistant cannot be found in open posting. Your colleague has been recommended by your P and endorsed by Supt for the posting. I was an SA a few years ago. There were 5 of us in the tea session and all of us got in. I supposed ZDs usually trust the endorsement of the P and Supt.

As long as you have a stint from HQ, I would say that it would help you in one's career because the 2 to 3 years spent in HQ will widen your perspectives. Some div like SD are more hard to get in due to the fact that the vacancies are not even found in APEX.

Unregistered 19-07-2022 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225873)
School's Div vacancies for Special Assistant cannot be found in open posting. Your colleague has been recommended by your P and endorsed by Supt for the posting. I was an SA a few years ago. There were 5 of us in the tea session and all of us got in. I supposed ZDs usually trust the endorsement of the P and Supt.

As long as you have a stint from HQ, I would say that it would help you in one's career because the 2 to 3 years spent in HQ will widen your perspectives. Some div like SD are more hard to get in due to the fact that the vacancies are not even found in APEX.

What’s the job scope of a special assistant?