Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 08-01-2022 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196866)
While most HOD appointments are at SEO2 estab, certain "big portfolio" HOD appointments can be up to SEO3. So the highest paid HOD is technically the top of the SEO3 scale.

What is a big portfolio hod appt? Never seen a hod promoted to seo3 before

Unregistered 08-01-2022 05:36 PM

what does seo stand for

Unregistered2222 08-01-2022 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196724)
Currently SEO2, HOD appointment of non IP subject, for 7 years. P recently ask me if I want to make way for leadership renewal. What does this mean? CEP drop? No potential for higher appointments?

Actually, it's not a bad idea to just look for a new posting this year, if your P doesn't appreciate u. I reckon 7 years is long enough into a role that u can try something new for your own growth. As someone who is in my 4th posting after 15 years (including a 2-year HQ stint), I must say that with each new posting, I've learnt new things and become a better officer. Can try teaching at another school profile (e.g. go to primary sch if u're a sec teacher), go for secondment to an independent sch, or even try a HQ posting.

Unregistered 08-01-2022 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered2222 (Post 196926)
Actually, it's not a bad idea to just look for a new posting this year, if your P doesn't appreciate u. I reckon 7 years is long enough into a role that u can try something new for your own growth. As someone who is in my 4th posting after 15 years (including a 2-year HQ stint), I must say that with each new posting, I've learnt new things and become a better officer. Can try teaching at another school profile (e.g. go to primary sch if u're a sec teacher), go for secondment to an independent sch, or even try a HQ posting.

yup dont be fixated on sticking to one place, cos its not healthy for career

Unregistered 08-01-2022 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196875)
What is a big portfolio hod appt? Never seen a hod promoted to seo3 before

Look for the Work Review (Closed Section) form. It's available to all officers on MOE Intranet. (Of course, you will not see your own completed form - the one you download from Intranet is blank.) You'll see all the possible establishment grades for the various appointments - it's under the CEP section.

Unregistered 08-01-2022 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196943)
Look for the Work Review (Closed Section) form. It's available to all officers on MOE Intranet. (Of course, you will not see your own completed form - the one you download from Intranet is blank.) You'll see all the possible establishment grades for the various appointments - it's under the CEP section.

What I’m asking is what’s a real life example of a HOD with a larger portfolio. I’ve personally never seen a HOD promoted into SEO3. My personal suspicion is that allowing HODs to be SEO3 is MOE’s way to allow VPs to ‘step-down’/‘get reemployed’ without getting a pay cut.

Unregistered 09-01-2022 02:42 PM

What is the typical progression of a non scholar like?

Unregistered 09-01-2022 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196969)
What is the typical progression of a non scholar like?

be a master teacher

Unregistered 09-01-2022 05:04 PM

Can SL/P block cohort promotion?

Unregistered 09-01-2022 05:05 PM

My school recently has a new HOD who was previously a VP. What kind situation results in a downgrade of appointment?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2