Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 24-03-2021 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161275)
starting this july will be my 11th year.

i'm 2011 batch.

i am eligible for 10 year connect plan end of this year.

should i stay till end of this year? i think i should right? take the connect plan then sayonara

teach tuition after that?

Unregistered 24-03-2021 06:52 PM

Quote:

i'm 2011 batch.

should i stay till end of this year? i think i should right? take the connect plan then sayonara

Either leave and go to another school, or leave completely. But maybe difficult to rejoin teaching service if you leave completely, coz excess of teachers.

Unregistered 24-03-2021 06:54 PM

I know of a colleague who was promoted to geo4 in 2019. Surprised to see him promoted again to geo5 when list was released today. Appointed SH since 2019 before the KP criteria of geo4

Unregistered 24-03-2021 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161277)
teach tuition after that?

i don't mind. pay may not be as good but frankly speaking, teach tuition is much less stressful and tiring.

i'm not married and don't intend to get married, plus i'm not a big spender, so i don't need so much money.

besides, giving tuition will free up more time for me to do investing n trading, and also build passive income.

my current lifestyle as moe teacher doesn't give me the time and energy to do all these.

Unregistered 24-03-2021 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161284)
Either leave and go to another school, or leave completely. But maybe difficult to rejoin teaching service if you leave completely, coz excess of teachers.

if i leave, i don't intend to come back.

true, teaching has its perks, like near my house, can save time and money travelling, no peak hour mrt, long holidays and extra school holidays, but that can hardly compensate the stress and toll its causing to my body.

After teaching for ten years, i've come to the conclusion that a person only live once, n im not going to continue working for the sake of money and for all these so called benefits. I want to be happy doing what i like everyday, and not feel sian everyday and only happy on my holidays.

only the pe, art and music teachers are having good lives anyway.

so ya, if i'm leavng, i won't think of returning.

Unregistered 24-03-2021 07:52 PM

Is the promotion reflected in pac@gov yet?

Unregistered 24-03-2021 07:55 PM

is there minimum cep to be posted to hq

Unregistered 24-03-2021 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161285)
I know of a colleague who was promoted to geo4 in 2019. Surprised to see him promoted again to geo5 when list was released today. Appointed SH since 2019 before the KP criteria of geo4

Cos he is high cep and high PB.

Unregistered 24-03-2021 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161307)
is there minimum cep to be posted to hq

Yes at least SEO 1 CEP.

Unregistered 24-03-2021 08:00 PM

Quote:

i'm 2011 batch.

Yes, don’t waste the connect plan. If you really dislike teaching, then move on. The longer you stay, the more difficult for you to find another career.