Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 21-06-2015 01:05 PM

To be teacher, need to pass spelling, mental sums, ting xie, mo xie?

JT123 23-06-2015 09:37 AM

I am applying for the PGDE for window 17 Aug 2015 - 4 Sep 2015 window. I am mid career professional.

1. When can I expect a interview call. Is it as they state during the window Sep - Oct 2015. Or if i apply earlier, they just call you earlier
2. Can those you have gone for the interview please share what kind of essay titles and presentation is asked?

thanks

Unregistered 23-06-2015 10:12 PM

Anyone knows if there will be any salary adjustments for teachers anytime soon? The last adjustment was in 2012.

Unregistered 23-06-2015 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metoo (Post 68380)
Nope. I have 3 years overseas teaching experience. Already went for the interview, waiting for the results.

Wow... I applied same window, and only got an e-mail saying still under consideration and must wait till 30 June. Then again, it could be a good thing, indicator that they haven't yet found what they're looking for even after interviewing for some time.

I think the selection tends to favour younger age applicants, as there's more potential for advancement and leadership roles in their future. I have teaching experience, and post-grad quals locally, so only age is the determining factor.

The thing that still attracts me to teaching in MOE school is the PGDE which is a recognised teaching qualification. And valuable even after leaving teaching service. Also the more "fixed" nature of the job and subject contents.

Unregistered 02-07-2015 01:13 AM

read a lot of horror stories about life as a teacher...is the work-life balance of teachers really THAT bad across the board?

i don't mind doing occasional OT or going back to school for CCA on the occasional weekend but if it's every day....I will think twice.

Ex Teacher 02-07-2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68899)
Anyone knows if there will be any salary adjustments for teachers anytime soon? The last adjustment was in 2012.

With all due respect,if you need to ask such questions,it is likely that you are not suitable for the teaching profession.

Unregistered 02-07-2015 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex Teacher (Post 69294)
With all due respect,if you need to ask such questions,it is likely that you are not suitable for the teaching profession.

I agree fully - was thinking exactly that when I read his/her question!

eecowisewa 11-07-2015 12:03 AM

This determinant symptom, wakening flexures.

[url=://flagyl-online-buy.net/]Buy Flagyl Online[/ <a href="://priligy-cheapest-price-buy.org/">Priligy</a> ://lasix-buy-online.net/

Unregistered 19-07-2015 07:53 PM

Chinese teacher

Hi guys, need some kind advice here. I'm gonna study business in NBS next year but I'm actually interested to be a Chinese teacher, will MOE recognize my cert if I apply straight out of uni or am I better off just changing my course of study to something more relevant to Chinese? I understand that teaching Chinese may not be the best prospect/subject, but with maybe a first class honors in biz, will I be placed in the management teachers scheme or Smth along that line? Thanks!

Unregistered 19-07-2015 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex Teacher (Post 69294)

shut up la. You think teachers don't have families to feed? There is absolutely nothing wrong in asking about pay revisions.

Stop putting teachers at such level where you all start thinking that teachers MUST and ONLY think about developing the future citizens. BS.