Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 05-08-2015 05:29 PM

Hi everyone (=

I'm wondering what are the chances of getting into the PGDE course with a pass degree from an Australian university now that they've cut recruitment. I qualified for the honours programme, but sadly... ran out of funds... I did, however, graduate with a double major in political science and history; and I'm hoping to teach social studies and history.

Is it hopeless without an honours degree? I did really well in O' Levels but screwed up my A' Levels and wasn't very involved in CCA either (many regrets).

Thanks!

Unregistered 07-08-2015 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71074)
Hi everyone (=

I'm wondering what are the chances of getting into the PGDE course with a pass degree from an Australian university now that they've cut recruitment. I qualified for the honours programme, but sadly... ran out of funds... I did, however, graduate with a double major in political science and history; and I'm hoping to teach social studies and history.

Is it hopeless without an honours degree? I did really well in O' Levels but screwed up my A' Levels and wasn't very involved in CCA either (many regrets).

Thanks!

With Australian degree, if you are lucky, can get employed on the GEO2 payscale to teach in pri sch.

Unregistered 08-08-2015 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71159)
With Australian degree, if you are lucky, can get employed on the GEO2 payscale to teach in pri sch.

darn. that's really maddening because I had lots of teachers when I was in school who graduated from unheard unis from all over the place...

Than 20-08-2015 11:27 AM

Want to swift for IT to Teaching Career

I am a middle age and work in IT for software field and want to swift to teaching career. I am very fond of teaching and like to teach. Currently working in a manufacturing company with IT post and volunteer teaching to some guys. I want to get some suggestion that how can I and what are the requirements need to swift the career.

Unregistered 20-08-2015 12:39 PM

I am sure that you can swift your career by working hard.

Unregistered 02-09-2015 10:40 AM

whats is the difference between a GEO1 and a GEO2?

thank you

Unregistered 14-09-2015 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71159)

I just got shortlisted for an interview to teach social studies in sec school so sucks to you debby downer ha.

Unregistered 17-09-2015 08:49 PM

does MOE accept graduates from UniSIM's English Language & Literature degree?

if yes, would they be classified under GEO1 / GEO2 salary scale? thanks.

LUV2BTEACHER 18-09-2015 06:22 PM

Teaching sharing sessions

Will only those who are called for sharing session, be called for the interviews?
Or is there a chance for others as well?

Unregistered 21-09-2015 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72770)
does MOE accept graduates from UniSIM's English Language & Literature degree?

if yes, would they be classified under GEO1 / GEO2 salary scale? thanks.

It is a recognized degree and will be classified under GEO 1 scale.

The scale will be abolished in October anyway, however, you will still command a higher pay compared to those without degree.