Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 15-03-2024 08:10 AM

U could refer to past posts or check your email…..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270788)
how come PB not out yet? =/

Unregistered 15-03-2024 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270788)
how come PB not out yet? =/

Official release is 8pm today. Just be patient since the outcome is already determined. Check tomorrow morning or past midnight today.

No need to rush for the outcome.

Unregistered 15-03-2024 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher (Post 270784)
Have you reached your pay ceiling yet? C- may or may not set you back by 1 year (really depends on a few factors from what I understand, like ranking board, CEP, etc.).

The longest I've heard of from GEO3-4 is 8 years or so, with them hitting ceiling for 1 year before getting promoted. But unsure whether did they get any C- or D, or it's just their progression as such.

I think you should be reaching 8 years too?

I've been GEO3 since 2019, straight Bs and reached GEO3 ceiling twice, before and after the 9% adjustment. Still, I'm told there are other longer in service GEO3s that need to be promoted first before me, like a timed promotion thing. So what's the point of working so hard?

Unregistered 15-03-2024 09:35 AM

dropping by

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270797)
I've been GEO3 since 2019, straight Bs and reached GEO3 ceiling twice, before and after the 9% adjustment. Still, I'm told there are other longer in service GEO3s that need to be promoted first before me, like a timed promotion thing. So what's the point of working so hard?

whats the PB for a B grade at GEO3? 2.5-2.8 too?
your promotion will probably come nxt year then

Unregistered 15-03-2024 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270798)
whats the PB for a B grade at GEO3? 2.5-2.8 too?
your promotion will probably come nxt year then

The highest I received was 2.5, one time only. The rest 2.25.

Unregistered 15-03-2024 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270786)
Some schools would only announce after the PB grade unless you belong to batch promo group. Normally, my colleagues would only be informed 3 hours before they sent out an email.

What kind of schools are that? Common practice to inform before term break leh. My school inform late feb/early mar cos they already send letters to the school. Then the P will inform plus pass the letters to us. Doesn't mean batch promo will know earlier. Everybody one is together. Maybe your school slow

Unregistered 15-03-2024 11:55 AM

I never imagined tonight would bring news of a performance bonus. This past year has been an uphill battle, leaving me more isolated than I've ever felt. I've poured my heart and soul into my work, foolishly intertwining my entire self-worth with it. Now, as I contemplate bidding farewell, I realize there's no one to bid farewell to. The thought that nobody would even notice is disheartening. I yearn to have made a more significant impact, yet I feel like nothing more than a worthless cog in the machine. What am I striving for anymore? Is there any meaning to this endless cycle of disappointment and disillusionment?

Feeling adrift in a sea of uncertainty, the soaring cost of living deals another blow, leaving me questioning how anyone can endure in the long term. With a meager salary barely scraping the public expectations of 20k monthly salary, I'm mocked by my relatives, their judgment piercing deeper than any financial strain. My family bears the brunt of our circumstances, fractured by the unrelenting demands we face.

Colleagues only seem to notice me when they need more work, their superficial gestures of camaraderie magnifying my sense of isolation. And for what have I sacrificed so much? Everything. The toll of COVID blindsides me, stripping away my health. Coupled with all these factors, my inner calmness, my kindness, are disrupted, fracturing the bonds of kinship and love.

Each day feels like a battle against an invisible enemy, draining me of vitality and leaving me to ponder: is this the price we pay for mere survival?

My life is worth more than a C or D. Goodbye

Unregistered 15-03-2024 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270811)
I never imagined tonight would bring news of a performance bonus. This past year has been an uphill battle, leaving me more isolated than I've ever felt. I've poured my heart and soul into my work, foolishly intertwining my entire self-worth with it. Now, as I contemplate bidding farewell, I realize there's no one to bid farewell to. The thought that nobody would even notice is disheartening. I yearn to have made a more significant impact, yet I feel like nothing more than a worthless cog in the machine. What am I striving for anymore? Is there any meaning to this endless cycle of disappointment and disillusionment?

Feeling adrift in a sea of uncertainty, the soaring cost of living deals another blow, leaving me questioning how anyone can endure in the long term. With a meager salary barely scraping the public expectations of 20k monthly salary, I'm mocked by my relatives, their judgment piercing deeper than any financial strain. My family bears the brunt of our circumstances, fractured by the unrelenting demands we face.

Colleagues only seem to notice me when they need more work, their superficial gestures of camaraderie magnifying my sense of isolation. And for what have I sacrificed so much? Everything. The toll of COVID blindsides me, stripping away my health. Coupled with all these factors, my inner calmness, my kindness, are disrupted, fracturing the bonds of kinship and love.

Each day feels like a battle against an invisible enemy, draining me of vitality and leaving me to ponder: is this the price we pay for mere survival?

can i use this as one of the sources when setting source based questions for SS?

Unregistered 15-03-2024 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270811)

Wa. If you already honestly strive very hard and all you get is a C, or D (if you did not make any mistakes). Then I think you should just go. Leave. Because it's very obvious teaching is not for you la. Instead of putting in so much and not getting back anything or any meaning, find what is meant for you in life.

Don't be a basketball player that forces himself to play football.

Unregistered 15-03-2024 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher (Post 270764)
You can reflect this to your SLs directly. Or SWB/SWC chairperson.

If nothing is done, usually the school staff survey results will show a bad grade on the management. And they will then do something about it since cluster superintendent will question

My school's climate survey was below average 4 years ago. My SL just chuckled and said: "at least never fail".

2 years ago, my climate survey results dropped so badly my school didn't even want to share the final overall grade for fear "it demoralise the staff".