Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 21-03-2021 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160246)
I suspect it will be the same even if you move to a new school. Some of the KP are at GEO4. They have more areas of responsibilities compared to a normal GEO officer. If you are in the teaching track, then you will need to wait for your time-norm promotion. :)

How long will the time-norm promotion take?

Unregistered 21-03-2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160215)
Thanks for the heads up.
Woah. This applies to every sub grade even for GEO4?

Yes, it applies. I was GEO 4 when I went to HQ.
Have colleagues of GEO 3 in HQ and they have also gotten mostly C grades.
Of course, GEO 5 and above even harder to get good grades like C+

Unregistered 21-03-2021 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160254)
How long will the time-norm promotion take?

It really varies and still depends on CEP.
Some take 5 years, some could be as short as 3 years, can be longer.
It’s hard to predict

Unregistered 21-03-2021 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160257)
Yes, it applies. I was GEO 4 when I went to HQ.
Have colleagues of GEO 3 in HQ and they have also gotten mostly C grades.
Of course, GEO 5 and above even harder to get good grades like C+

That sounds like my situation. Thanks for sharing!

Unregistered 21-03-2021 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160253)
Thank you!

I’m thinking of applying to ETD this June. Any kind souls have advice about this? Been heavily involved in my school ICT department projects, including working with ETD on a pilot project.

There are 3 branches in ETD. And even in one branch, job role largely differs. What’s your interest and what ICT project is this related to? SLS?

Unregistered 21-03-2021 07:26 PM

Hi! I got promoted last year and I got a B this year. Is this normal?

Unregistered 21-03-2021 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160262)
Hi! I got promoted last year and I got a B this year. Is this normal?

Seems like there are more teachers are getting B this time round! But I wonder if there are others who get C+ and below still? :/

Unregistered 21-03-2021 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160261)
There are 3 branches in ETD. And even in one branch, job role largely differs. What’s your interest and what ICT project is this related to? SLS?

We are part of the PDLP pilot primary schools. We have been working with ETD to design lessons and conduct lessons using the devices. I’m looking into LEARNING PARTNERSHIP IN EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY BRANCH.

Unregistered 21-03-2021 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160237)
HR will flag you for promotion solely based on CEP. So the "system-driven" rate of promotion is solely based on CEP. When you are flagged for promotion, then the school can decide whether to recommend or not recommend it.

Some people here will claim that the principal can also recommend promotions even if not flagged by HR, but I'm unsure of the extent of the principal's influence in such cases. Not saying it's not true, just saying I don't know.

Regarding changes to CEP, exact details unclear but can see this: s://.todayonline.com/singapore/changes-civil-services-currently-estimated-potential-system-kick-progressively-2021-chan

Not the other way round? P recommend and HQ promote?

Unregistered 21-03-2021 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160273)
Seems like there are more teachers are getting B this time round! But I wonder if there are others who get C+ and below still? :/

Yes, the quota of Bs was more last year as aws was being cut. More lenient with those who were underperforming as well. My P advised RO to communicate with teachers. Else they might not be happy if they realise they are given lower than B during Mar 2022 even though they are doing more for 2021.