Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 09-08-2020 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143500)
For someone who is actively looking out for opportunities to grow, develop and climb, 6 years to GEO4 is a snail's pace. By third year in first school, if it is apparent that there are no pathways for development in that school, and you feel your learning has plateaued, it is time to change environment ASAP to a place that offers more chances and vacancies for young blood to step up.

6 years is more like a balanced pace of progression for someone who has told their RO that they are juggling their career with moderate/heavy outside responsibilities (e.g. family) and would like to pace themselves.

How is it snail pace? I don’t mean get GEO4 only after 6 years. I mean if you are 6years in the teaching career, it’s totally normal to be only a GEO4 officer especially if this is your first career. You must be a scholar if you are GEO5 when you only have 6 years of experience.

Unregistered 09-08-2020 11:13 AM

How long does it take to reach GEO5 after GEO4?

Unregistered 09-08-2020 09:04 PM

Promotion

Promotion nowdays, can be expected to be slower... given the top heavy structure.. there are too many GEO5s who are stuck.. soo ,, promotion may be about 5 to 8 years..

If you want it to be faster, join the KP team.. thats the only way..
express your interest in school.. or build your portfolio and apply for open posting for SH positions..or HQ positions...

Unregistered 09-08-2020 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143583)
Promotion nowdays, can be expected to be slower... given the top heavy structure.. there are too many GEO5s who are stuck.. soo ,, promotion may be about 5 to 8 years..

If you want it to be faster, join the KP team.. thats the only way..
express your interest in school.. or build your portfolio and apply for open posting for SH positions..or HQ positions...

U mean 5-8 years to reach geo5? Wow that’s very slow :(

Unregistered 10-08-2020 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143586)

There are teachers who took 8 years to hit GEO 4.

Unless you have high cep. Else your final grade is geo 5.

Unregistered 12-08-2020 11:29 AM

I saw a recent email about a School Staff Engagement Survey 2020 (voluntary participation). Is this the confidential biennial school climate survey?

Unregistered 12-08-2020 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143722)
I saw a recent email about a School Staff Engagement Survey 2020 (voluntary participation). Is this the confidential biennial school climate survey?

Yes, they claimed its confidential. But also on voluntary basis. But you need to login your IAMS account which is basically your NRIC. so its traceable.

Unregistered 13-08-2020 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143768)
Yes, they claimed its confidential. But also on voluntary basis. But you need to login your IAMS account which is basically your NRIC. so its traceable.

Is it really confidential? Should I be objective and truthful?

Teacher 14-08-2020 02:00 AM

Survey

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143833)
Is it really confidential? Should I be objective and truthful?

School leaders will only get aggregrated results... there is no way to trace you.. at the end of the day... if you want change.. tell the truth.. but be fair and be objective....

Unregistered 15-08-2020 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143586)

i taught for 9 years already, still a geo3.

i guess my cep must be damn low