Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 21-03-2021 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151842)
Just two cents worth from an ex teacher. After leaving teaching I am so much happier in my new job. It’s not just the tasks which the earlier poster mentioned. It’s just a general sense that in school, principal and their SMC power players are king, and they take everything very personally. While they think they are always right, doing a noble job, etc etc, they go and perpetuate issues stemming from their own bias and personal vendetta. This is the problem. After 20 years of being in an environment where they think they are always right, even the most normal person will become a judgmental and egoistic leader.

Quite a number of ppl from my PGDE batch have since left, and we are all much happier for it. Speaking of turnover, the turnover is super high at my ex school, reflecting the lousy leadership, but unfortunately MOE will never factor this into their assessment and these lousy leaders will go from school to school every 5 years and making other teachers’ lives miserable.

So true, a lot of useless HODs and SH and VPs around.

Good ones left, and only the super useless ones are left behind... All only know how to arrow and talk big, then when come to doing work, all run and ask ppl to share the load, nv see them share the pay.......

Unregistered 22-03-2021 02:32 AM

Hi, can i check what is the pay difference of a MOE teacher holding a diploma cert as compared to one holding a NIE degree holder? Also, anyone can kindly share what is a KP.?

Unregistered 22-03-2021 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160329)
Hi, can i check what is the pay difference of a MOE teacher holding a diploma cert as compared to one holding a NIE degree holder? Also, anyone can kindly share what is a KP.?

1 to 2k difference

Unregistered 22-03-2021 07:52 AM

When can we check pac@gov to know if we are promoted this year?

Unregistered 22-03-2021 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160347)
When can we check pac@gov to know if we are promoted this year?

Usually your P will send a congratulatory email/WhatsApp. Else have to wait till April 12 payslip.

Unregistered 22-03-2021 03:30 PM

Is it normal to not get promoted despite hitting the pay ceiling?

Unregistered 22-03-2021 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160451)
Is it normal to not get promoted despite hitting the pay ceiling?

Ofc la. If everyone get promoted automatically every few years...
Then every civil servant, mathematically, will all be promoted to director level within the first 10 years of their working life...

Also mathematically speaking assuming all civil servant work for like 30 years without quitting..
Then it's only mathematically correct that you don't get promoted every few years. Should be more like 10 years promote once.. Haha

Unregistered 22-03-2021 06:25 PM

Promotion

Any HQ officers got notified of promotion already?

Unregistered 22-03-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160284)
Yes, the quota of Bs was more last year as aws was being cut. More lenient with those who were underperforming as well. My P advised RO to communicate with teachers. Else they might not be happy if they realise they are given lower than B during Mar 2022 even though they are doing more for 2021.

I would just like to clarify some things related to this...

1. Increasing the quota of better Performance Grades last year was a decision by the Ministry itself?

2. Normally, awarding a B grade would mean that an RO will have to justify it by writing a report. Was it the same this time round? Or was this time just an exception I.e. can be awarded without justification?

Unregistered 22-03-2021 08:25 PM

Has anyone gotten notification of their promotion?