Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 29-12-2021 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195524)
Have you received anything from HQ yet? I am also curious when will this be sent out.

FHQ posting notifications were sent out to CES email at the start of this month. If you've not received but have reason to believe that you are on it, you can check out the "MOE Job Search" tab in HRP (or workpal). If you are on FHQ posting you will already see some ads for positions because they have put up their listings early.

Unregistered 29-12-2021 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195532)
FHQ posting notifications were sent out to CES email at the start of this month. If you've not received but have reason to believe that you are on it, you can check out the "MOE Job Search" tab in HRP (or workpal). If you are on FHQ posting you will already see some ads for positions because they have put up their listings early.

Hi, thanks for the information. Any possibility it will be sent out early next month?

Unregistered 29-12-2021 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195545)
Hi, thanks for the information. Any possibility it will be sent out early next month?

No, if you've not gotten the notification and/or don't see it in HRP/Workpal, it means you were not selected for the 2023 FHQ posting exercise.

Unregistered 29-12-2021 06:27 PM

fajt

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195423)
Can share more on the terms of a fajt? I'm also a GEO 3. Some shared tt it is gonna be difficult to go back to full time. Is this true?

I went back to full time after 1.5yrs as fajt but it depends on the subject you teach.

Some say 4.8k is high but dont forget you have no PB/no pay during sch hol so technically you are only drawing 4.8k for about 9months.

Unregistered 29-12-2021 06:29 PM

fajt

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195353)
Hi, what about the salary for geo4 doing fajt ?

higher coz the per hour rate is higher

GEO3 - first hr of day $65, subsequent hrs $40
GEO4 - $70 and $45 respectively

Unregistered 29-12-2021 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195661)
higher coz the per hour rate is higher

GEO3 - first hr of day $65, subsequent hrs $40
GEO4 - $70 and $45 respectively

Is the above pay for graduates? I’m a non grad, now GEO4, so it will be lower?

Unregistered 30-12-2021 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195660)
I went back to full time after 1.5yrs as fajt but it depends on the subject you teach.

Some say 4.8k is high but dont forget you have no PB/no pay during sch hol so technically you are only drawing 4.8k for about 9months.

It’s still better to be FAJT as the stress level is much lower and you get to have work life balance. It’s much healthier.

Unregistered 30-12-2021 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195726)
Is the above pay for graduates? I’m a non grad, now GEO4, so it will be lower?

You will be paid based on the rate for a GEO4.

Even for full-timers, there is no separate pay range for grads and non-grads for the same subgrade. All GEO4 will be positioned somewhere within the same, standard pay range for this subgrade. The only diff is that non-grads will take a longer time to reach GEO4 compared to a grad.

Unregistered 30-12-2021 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195660)

As you said, it really depends on the subject you teach. Certain teaching subjects are in high demand and FAJTs or even ex-EOs that are not currently serving will have no problem getting back in.

But if you're a Sec/JC Science or Math teacher then trying to get back in to full-time is an uphill battle. (But somehow if you're working in sch now, it never feels like 'excess teachers' hor? lol)

Unregistered 01-01-2022 10:17 PM

Is it easy for FAJTs to find a school?