Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 20-03-2021 05:55 PM

Promotion to GEO4

2017 June- GEO2(trained)
2018 C
2019 C+, Promoted GEO3
2020 C+
2021 B

May I please check if I got another B next year, would I be promoted to GEO4?
How HR calculate our promotion rate? :)

Unregistered 20-03-2021 09:25 PM

Do you get more or less moving from GEO 5 to SEO1?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160136)
2016 Year of promo to Geo 5: C+
2017: B
2018: A
2019: A
2020: B

Not sure when SEO will come, at current scale I will do just fine. Going to senior scale will lose allowance, dip in Appraisal grade, but there will be pay increment and PB might be more. Anyone with the experience? Do you general get more or less moving from Geo 5 to Seo 1?

First year in SEO1, your total salary drops slightly when you lose your allowance for whole year and your increment is 200 plus per month starting from April.

Unregistered 20-03-2021 09:26 PM

Just checking...If till now still no news of promotion from school...Means no chance of being promoted this year already right?

Unregistered 20-03-2021 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160131)
On a side note, any HQ officers here? Heard first year PB for HQ officers won’t be good. Is that true?

I got C+ in my first year... a dip from school, but shows it's not impossible to perform above average I guess!

Realistically speaking, I was surrounded by high-performing colleagues... just accepted that it's harder to shine in that environment.

Unregistered 20-03-2021 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160160)
Just checking...If till now still no news of promotion from school...Means no chance of being promoted this year already right?

Depends on school leaders. Practice varies sch to sch. My P only emails whole sch like 2-3 days before 1 Apr to announce promotions.

Unregistered 20-03-2021 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160192)
I got C+ in my first year... a dip from school, but shows it's not impossible to perform above average I guess!

Realistically speaking, I was surrounded by high-performing colleagues... just accepted that it's harder to shine in that environment.

Me too. C+ throughout my years in HQ. Agree that it’s much more difficult to shine; was told C+ is considered quite high already. Many of my colleagues get a C in HQ.

Unregistered 21-03-2021 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160147)
2017 June- GEO2(trained)
2018 C
2019 C+, Promoted GEO3
2020 C+
2021 B

Very similar profile with me! I am just wondering though... It seems like many people in school get a B this year somehow? Has it got anything to do with how things were last year with all the scrambling due to COVID-19 hmm...

Unregistered 21-03-2021 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160147)
2017 June- GEO2(trained)
2018 C
2019 C+, Promoted GEO3
2020 C+
2021 B

Congrats on being recognised for your consistent good performance and improvement over the years.

Promotion rate is however not based on performance grade, but CEP (as of now, at least; Govt has announced that changes to the CEP system are on the horizon). The good news is, if your school recognises your potential and wants to push you up, the panel will also recommend to raise your CEP. The higher your CEP, the shorter the intervals between HR flagging you for promotion.

To answer your specific case, you may be promoted next year regardless of performance grade, but it's hard to be sure unless you are able to get some rough idea of what your CEP is like.

Unregistered 21-03-2021 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160194)
Me too. C+ throughout my years in HQ. Agree that it’s much more difficult to shine; was told C+ is considered quite high already. Many of my colleagues get a C in HQ.

Yes, very difficult to shine in HQ because everyone is a high performing officer. I used to get Bs in schools but throughout my HQ stint, it’s difficult to even get a C+.

Unregistered 21-03-2021 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160214)
Yes, very difficult to shine in HQ because everyone is a high performing officer. I used to get Bs in schools but throughout my HQ stint, it’s difficult to even get a C+.

Thanks for the heads up.
Woah. This applies to every sub grade even for GEO4?