Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 25-03-2020 06:39 PM

Wonder if promotion ceremonies for geo5 & seo will still carry on with this covid-19 situation?

Unregistered 25-03-2020 07:59 PM

i was just informed of my promotion :)

a little mixed feelings though, because i would basically have exceeded the max of my salary scale after this yearís increment. so it this a ďJITĒ promotion?

i know when i compare with my batch mates iím probably the last to get promoted.

Unregistered 25-03-2020 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130852)
For me, I joined in 2011, promoted to GEO3 in 2012.
Then went to HQ in 2015, and got promoted to GEO4 in 2016.
Posted from HQ back to school in 2018. Just got news about being promoted to GEO5.
Is this considered normal progression or fast?

What were ur performance grades?

Unregistered 25-03-2020 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130853)
Wonder if promotion ceremonies for geo5 & seo will still carry on with this covid-19 situation?

Unlikely.....

Unregistered 25-03-2020 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130840)
Do u mind sharing ur performance grades and which year u were promoted to GEO4/5? Thank u


Year 1 geo 2 BT- C
Year 2 geo 3 Cohort promotion- C+
Year 3 geo 3 B
Year 4 Geo 4 promotion C+
Year 5 Geo 4 B
Year 6 Geo 4 A
Year 7 Geo 5 promotion C+

Unregistered 25-03-2020 09:00 PM

Hi, is merit increment in April or June?

Unregistered 25-03-2020 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130861)
Year 1 geo 2 BT- C
Year 2 geo 3 Cohort promotion- C+
Year 3 geo 3 B
Year 4 Geo 4 promotion C+
Year 5 Geo 4 B
Year 6 Geo 4 A
Year 7 Geo 5 promotion C+

Looks like the criteria is two Bs and above to be promoted?

Unregistered 25-03-2020 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130864)
Hi, is merit increment in April or June?

In the past it was Apr. donít know about this year

Unregistered 25-03-2020 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130859)
What were ur performance grades?

A few Bs in initial years, got a C in 2014 before HQ stint (due to P being upset about people leaving and bearing a grudge). And 2C+ and 1 C in HQ. In current school, so far has been 2 Bs.

Unregistered 25-03-2020 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130868)
A few Bs in initial years, got a C in 2014 before HQ stint (due to P being upset about people leaving and bearing a grudge). And 2C+ and 1 C in HQ. In current school, so far has been 2 Bs.

Nice. Looks like 2 consecutive Bs will get u promoted.

Is it harder to get a good grade in HQ?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2