Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 04-07-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121225)
My advise you should wear mini skirt with g string which serves as an incentive for male students to pay attention to your class. When they do well naturally you will get good bonus and promotions.

I would strongly advise non-teachers to avoid making nonsensical comments on this forum. Tks.

Unregistered 04-07-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121225)
My advise you should wear mini skirt with g string which serves as an incentive for male students to pay attention to your class. When they do well naturally you will get good bonus and promotions.

My advice you should go feed your fetish somewhere else for your character to degrade further. Naturally your obsession n perversion will increase and the law will come knocking on your door soon. Good luck.

Unregistered 04-07-2019 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121219)
Hv a question on dress code, hope to get some advice here. Is it OK for female teachers to wear sleeveless tops/blouses? I don't mean spaghetti stripes type, but sleeveless with broad shoulder coverage. For pants, how about mid calf ones or above ankle types?

It depensa on your SLs. In general, blouse that reveal cleaveage is a no no. As for sleeveless top, if it covers most part of your shoulder it should be fine. Pants not an issue. Skirt, not too short. Oncr again, it depends on the school. Can check with your SSD or look at how the other female colleagues dress themselves.

jinduaki 05-07-2019 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121262)
It depensa on your SLs. In general, blouse that reveal cleaveage is a no no. As for sleeveless top, if it covers most part of your shoulder it should be fine. Pants not an issue. Skirt, not too short. Oncr again, it depends on the school. Can check with your SSD or look at how the other female colleagues dress themselves.

Non-teacher here. Eh, actually i thought this kind of question dont need to ask one? Just dress conservatively first day if unsure, go sch, see what other teachers are wearing, then follow suit?

Unregistered 05-07-2019 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinduaki (Post 121288)
Non-teacher here. Eh, actually i thought this kind of question dont need to ask one? Just dress conservatively first day if unsure, go sch, see what other teachers are wearing, then follow suit?

Original poster here. Need to ask as my teaching stint starts soon. Not in time to update my wardrobe if I don't preempt beforehand. Thks to all who responded, very helpful advice.

Unregistered 06-07-2019 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121298)
Original poster here. Need to ask as my teaching stint starts soon. Not in time to update my wardrobe if I don't preempt beforehand. Thks to all who responded, very helpful advice.

Important thing is you chio or not? If is those ugly woman you better teach girls school else all the male students sure no interest in your class and fail. Be prepared to get fired in one year. Looks are very important in teaching line b

Unregistered 06-07-2019 04:58 PM

Curious how many HODs have you seen, in your school, who made it to become VPs?

My understanding is that at the current state, there is more demand than supply.
Anyone with knowledge on how one is selected for interview? By SLs? HQs?

Unregistered 06-07-2019 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121323)

My understanding is that at the current state, there is more demand than supply.

Got one HOD in my school. Everyday wear mini skirt. When principal walk pass will often be touchy. Recently promoted to VP

Unregistered 10-07-2019 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121323)

Should be more supply (too many HODs who wish to climb to SLs level) than demand (actual number of vacancies for VPs and Ps)

Many schools are merged and etc.. There is an excess of headcount in many aspects.. I know of 2 who have cleared the interview and tea sessions with directors, went for courses.. But it's very full up the ladder...

They are still waiting cos there aren't no vacancies available. Still in queue for theirs.

SLs can recommend but it has to be endorsed by higher levels up and need to be cleared through interviews and etc.. Your performance in MLS also plays a part for your future grooming.

If you are holding multiple major portfolios, chances are higher cos your CEP is deemed to be greater.

Like I have seen HODs who are IP HODs and also holding YM title. Both are HODs roles..

Unregistered 12-07-2019 03:15 PM

anyone knows when contract teachers are paid? just joined 24 jun.