Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 21-03-2021 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160208)
Congrats on being recognised for your consistent good performance and improvement over the years.

Promotion rate is however not based on performance grade, but CEP (as of now, at least; Govt has announced that changes to the CEP system are on the horizon). The good news is, if your school recognises your potential and wants to push you up, the panel will also recommend to raise your CEP. The higher your CEP, the shorter the intervals between HR flagging you for promotion.

To answer your specific case, you may be promoted next year regardless of performance grade, but it's hard to be sure unless you are able to get some rough idea of what your CEP is like.

Solely on cep?
And what did the gov say? Sorry wasn’t following v closely. Only remember louis ng mentioning the review system isn’t transparent

Unregistered 21-03-2021 11:33 AM

For teachers who retired at age of 62 , how many more years can they continue teaching in school ? Is it based on contract

Unregistered 21-03-2021 11:59 AM

How many years to move from geo4 to geo5? The people here seem to all have very high CEP...have been a geo4 for ard 4-5 years but my grade is still the same year after year (average grade). Is it advisable to move to a new school?

Unregistered 21-03-2021 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160220)
How many years to move from geo4 to geo5? The people here seem to all have very high CEP...have been a geo4 for ard 4-5 years but my grade is still the same year after year (average grade). Is it advisable to move to a new school?

Do you want to become a KP or not first?

Unregistered 21-03-2021 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160221)
Do you want to become a KP or not first?

I am in the teaching track.

Unregistered 21-03-2021 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160216)
Solely on cep?
And what did the gov say? Sorry wasn’t following v closely. Only remember louis ng mentioning the review system isn’t transparent

HR will flag you for promotion solely based on CEP. So the "system-driven" rate of promotion is solely based on CEP. When you are flagged for promotion, then the school can decide whether to recommend or not recommend it.

Some people here will claim that the principal can also recommend promotions even if not flagged by HR, but I'm unsure of the extent of the principal's influence in such cases. Not saying it's not true, just saying I don't know.

Regarding changes to CEP, exact details unclear but can see this: s://.todayonline.com/singapore/changes-civil-services-currently-estimated-potential-system-kick-progressively-2021-chan

Unregistered 21-03-2021 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160220)

I suspect it will be the same even if you move to a new school. Some of the KP are at GEO4. They have more areas of responsibilities compared to a normal GEO officer. If you are in the teaching track, then you will need to wait for your time-norm promotion. :)

Unregistered 21-03-2021 05:14 PM

Applying to HQ

Hi can I check if it is possible to apply to HQ without being in position and just hitting minimum of 5 years teaching experience? I’m a GEO 3 currently.

Unregistered 21-03-2021 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160247)
Hi can I check if it is possible to apply to HQ without being in position and just hitting minimum of 5 years teaching experience? I’m a GEO 3 currently.

Yes possible. I have friends who entered as GEO 3 with barely 4 years of teaching exp.

Unregistered 21-03-2021 05:52 PM

Thank you!

I’m thinking of applying to ETD this June. Any kind souls have advice about this? Been heavily involved in my school ICT department projects, including working with ETD on a pilot project.