Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 11-05-2019 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118600)
Hi. This is the jaded KP earlier.

In the system for 15 years. I have 1 C, 2 C+, 1A, 11 Bs, throughout my span of career. The C was in my BT year. It was the default grade. So those KPs telling you that 'Oh you are just promoted, so you will get default C for this year ranking'. It is NOT true. During those years when I was just promoted, I never got a default C. I got Bs. Even in HQ when I received my SEO, I was given a C+. So yes, CEP is important and thats why during KP ranking at cluster, some Ps will fight tooth and nail for their KPs.

Sometimes, I feel that my CEP is my bane. It opens up opportunities which others do not have. :( But its a vicious cycle. More responsibilities = more work and if work is good = more responsibilities. And yet, I will never be promoted further because I am not scholar.

What division were u in? Is it much harder to get a good grade in hq?

Unregistered 11-05-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118603)
What division were u in? Is it much harder to get a good grade in hq?

Which division were u in? I thought it's harder to get good grades in HQ. I was getting Bs all along in school but got Cs when I joined HQ. Felt rather demoralised joining HQ.

Unregistered 11-05-2019 07:42 PM

Almost definitely. I suspect pretty much everyone coming to HQ used to get B/C+ in school... and once they're there, they'll get ranked against each other. It's like all your primary school top students congregating in an elite school... some will be surprised to find they're no longer the top students.

That said, I found that working alongside motivated colleagues is often a reward in its own right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118610)
Which division were u in? I thought it's harder to get good grades in HQ. I was getting Bs all along in school but got Cs when I joined HQ. Felt rather demoralised joining HQ.


Unregistered 12-05-2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118602)
do teachers get paid extra for having a master's?

what is the starting salary for UT, FCH local male - 3.8k, for entry to NIE? can anyhow share please?

considering if i should do a masters before going pursuing a career in teaching! :)

For masters usually $175 more.

That's what I got and I got 2nd class only.

I think FCH and Male and masters..
4k easily. Cos that what I got was about 3.9k 2nd class only..

Unregistered 12-05-2019 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118600)
Hi. This is the jaded KP earlier.

In the system for 15 years. I have 1 C, 2 C+, 1A, 11 Bs, throughout my span of career. The C was in my BT year. It was the default grade. So those KPs telling you that 'Oh you are just promoted, so you will get default C for this year ranking'. It is NOT true. During those years when I was just promoted, I never got a default C. I got Bs. Even in HQ when I received my SEO, I was given a C+. So yes, CEP is important and thats why during KP ranking at cluster, some Ps will fight tooth and nail for their KPs.

Sometimes, I feel that my CEP is my bane. It opens up opportunities which others do not have. :( But its a vicious cycle. More responsibilities = more work and if work is good = more responsibilities. And yet, I will never be promoted further because I am not scholar.

I appreciate your response so far. That default C thing was told to me by previous P. Maybe I have got lousy SLs and ROs. Cos I know and hear cases to know its not true.

Can I ask if you know how the cep is calculated apart from performance?

I think your performance super good... for me in sch... no opportunity given. So can only just do what is given... since now I know my position better... I think I know what I need to focus on.

Unregistered 12-05-2019 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118636)
For masters usually $175 more.

That's what I got and I got 2nd class only.

I think FCH and Male and masters..
4k easily. Cos that what I got was about 3.9k 2nd class only..

You are a 2:1 with Masters for 3.9? I know some civil service in general doesn’t pay for masters if the job doesn’t ask for it. Maybe MOE is different since the higher knowledge the better for the education service? Haha! Or maybe they count it as a year of work experience.

Thanks for the info.

Unregistered 12-05-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118638)
You are a 2:1 with Masters for 3.9? I know some civil service in general doesn’t pay for masters if the job doesn’t ask for it. Maybe MOE is different since the higher knowledge the better for the education service? Haha! Or maybe they count it as a year of work experience.

Thanks for the info.

No. 2:2. Lol...

3600++ then when get masters is 175 then when I 9 month into contract moe got pay adjustment so about 3.9

Unregistered 12-05-2019 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118644)
No. 2:2. Lol...

3600++ then when get masters is 175 then when I 9 month into contract moe got pay adjustment so about 3.9

i see, thanks for the information :)

Unregistered 12-05-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118646)
i see, thanks for the information :)

I joined when moe is actively recruiting... now they have excess... dunno if they are still go generous....

Unregistered 12-05-2019 10:28 PM

Hi,

I'd just like to check if anyone has made the comparison between IP and non-IP heads (e.g. CCE, Year Heads) etc.

Will the workload of one be considerably more compared to the other?

What about in terms of progression?

Is it common from an IP head to jump to a non-IP post and vice versa, or will it pretty much remain the same for the rest of one's career?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2