Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 12-03-2020 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129988)
If my P doesn't want to allow me to transfer because of various reasons, then the P may choose not to give negative remarks am I right?

don't worry. if you were such a poor performer, he will want you out as soon as possible

if you were good, he will give you his blessing.

so yeah it's a matter of whether other school accepts you.

Unregistered 12-03-2020 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129992)
don't worry. if you were such a poor performer, he will want you out as soon as possible

if you were good, he will give you his blessing.

so yeah it's a matter of whether other school accepts you.

But Ps have the power to block the transfer am i right?

Unregistered 12-03-2020 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130003)
But Ps have the power to block the transfer am i right?

because not all Ps are that magnanimous

Unregistered 12-03-2020 05:23 PM

Anyone receive updates from MOE
 
I applied teaching position this Jan and until now haven't received any updates. As for the status in [email protected] portal, it still shows "submitted".

Anyone receive updates from MOE?

Unregistered 12-03-2020 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130003)
But Ps have the power to block the transfer am i right?

If itís open posting, they cannot block you. If the other school accepts you and you click accept on hrms, itís a done deal. Usually, P wouldnít block or say negative things one. Do you really think they are so childish? Unless you have made serious mistakes. Otherwise, they will be very factual. Do you know it also looks bad on the P if their staff is not good? It shows that the P hasnít done anything to help the staff improve.

Unregistered 13-03-2020 08:24 AM

happier
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130033)
If itís open posting, they cannot block you. If the other school accepts you and you click accept on hrms, itís a done deal. Usually, P wouldnít block or say negative things one. Do you really think they are so childish? Unless you have made serious mistakes. Otherwise, they will be very factual. Do you know it also looks bad on the P if their staff is not good? It shows that the P hasnít done anything to help the staff improve.

they can delay...till july...got two release date...jan and july.

Unregistered 13-03-2020 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130054)
they can delay...till july...got two release date...jan and july.

So what should I do?

Unregistered 13-03-2020 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130055)
So what should I do?

if you are sure you have been unfairly treated by your SLs, you can escalate it to your P or cluster supt upon the release of results.

If not, better keep low and wait it out. No one wants a unhappy person in his team. You may just happen to be the wrong fit.

Unregistered 15-03-2020 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129979)
You think SLs are so free to go around spreading rumours about teachers? And if one is that infamous, people at the new school would have caught wind of it without the SLs sharing with one another.

Actually I believe some SLs are really so free to do so. some of them are very bitchy. sadly those are males so far!!

Unregistered 15-03-2020 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130004)
because not all Ps are that magnanimous

I agree but they cannot block. they can only delay. if not, these kind of P/VP will just say things without evidence sometimes. sometimes they will just cook up some thing to say as a topic for conversation. once I had an accusation by a SL who claimed my previous school VP said some negative things abt me
. instead of defending me, my SL took the chance to swipe at me for a certain project which was a success hut messed up by some scholar who wanted to impress him. it was sad since I helped him and the school clear up a lot of mess since joining. I asked for evidence for that for I remembered handling over nicely in terms of CCA and all the other projects. I was trying to be reflective. I even had a good grade despite my departure from tt sch somemore. my P simply replied - I have my sources. he did not want to tell me... prob no idea but based on the ',professional' view of P/VP who just opened his/her without really thinking. I knew my time with this leader is done from then on. accusing without substantial evidence.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2