Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 12-08-2015 11:06 PM

Psychometric on last week of july

Anyone went for the test on last week of july and has already receive call fr hr? Or rejection email?

Unregistered 13-08-2015 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71441)
Anyone went for the test on last week of july and has already receive call fr hr? Or rejection email?

Wa kao, all you ppl want fast fast. You are not the only one applying for that position meaning they might still have ppl to screen for interviews . My advice if cannot wait for their reply, call HR. Also keep applying for jobs if you're jobless. Never stop your search.

Unregistered 13-08-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64831)
It really depend on the role, medical clearance, security clearance, final management approval...etc

Mine took 2.5months after site visit, 2nd time took 3 months (I resigned and joined and went thru everything again)

I am a Singaporean but my dad is a malaysian. does my father's nationality affect my chances of getting a job in mindef?

Unregistered 13-08-2015 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71461)
I am a Singaporean but my dad is a malaysian. does my father's nationality affect my chances of getting a job in mindef?

If it does they wouldn't even call you down for a psychometric test.

Unregistered 13-08-2015 12:02 PM

that was what i thought. but i went for a site preview together with a second round not long ago and was told that i was the only candidate who made it. i was also told that they were in need of someone to fill that position. but after 2 weeks i was told that i wasn't further shortlisted due to the "selection process being too competitive" which wasn't a valid reason based on all that i have known.

really curious about what went wrong and if i should keep trying to apply for other dxo positions ):

Unregistered 13-08-2015 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71441)

Like most of the replies on the forum, it is known that it takes anything between 2-3 weeks for MINDEF to reply on the results of the psychometric test.

Best is to wait it out while still applying for other jobs to keep your options open.

Unregistered 13-08-2015 05:39 PM

Does anyone know how long it takes between HR asking for my documents to when they send the notification for the psych test?

Unregistered 17-08-2015 12:38 PM

Any insights as to the job functions Defence Policy Officer? I'm very interested but not very confident that having a private degree (to be obtained in Nov) would do my chances any good. Currently doing B2B public relations.

Unregistered 17-08-2015 12:44 PM

you all singaporean male serve ns before right? you all should know saf admin is very slow and cock up one. why u all suddenly expect them to reply so fast?

for singaporean females, welcome to the saf and the way they do things.

for non-singaporeans, you all no chance lah.

Unregistered 17-08-2015 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71465)
that was what i thought. but i went for a site preview together with a second round not long ago and was told that i was the only candidate who made it. i was also told that they were in need of someone to fill that position. but after 2 weeks i was told that i wasn't further shortlisted due to the "selection process being too competitive" which wasn't a valid reason based on all that i have known.

really curious about what went wrong and if i should keep trying to apply for other dxo positions ):

I got rejected at the site visit stage. I waited 2 weeks without receiving news before calling them. It was then that they informed me of my status and when I asked further they told me that the candidate was selected on the same day of the site visit itself. Would have been nice if they could have let me know on the day itself xD

So yeah, we're pretty much in the same boat, but I have applied to other companies as well and have been called up for interviews. Don't feel too let down by this, there are other fish in the sea :3