Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 03-08-2013 07:37 PM

any idea what questions they ask during panel interview?

Unregistered 05-08-2013 06:18 PM

for those who got offers, did they call up your past/current superiors, and referees?

Unregistered 05-08-2013 09:50 PM

July Psychometric

Took my psychometric test earli july. Till now still no news. Going to be 4weeks. Those who are not shortlisted further gets an email. Do all gets an email if not shortlisted? No news means i can expect good news soon? Waiting is killing...

Unregistered 07-08-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40840)
Took my psychometric test earli july. Till now still no news. Going to be 4weeks. Those who are not shortlisted further gets an email. Do all gets an email if not shortlisted? No news means i can expect good news soon? Waiting is killing...

I took mine ard 2nd week of July, no news too, without email. From what I gathered from this forum, I guess no news is good news. I understand the anxiety from the wait, so I took up a temp job to stop myself from focusing too much on the wait.

Unregistered 07-08-2013 05:40 PM

There r 2 panel interviews, 2nd round involves a HR personnel and commanders from different bases. HR personnel asked HR qns like 'tell me abt urself' and the commanders asked why u wana switch jobs and technical stuffs. 3rd interview, they asked abt ur views on current affairs and political issues. Not hard to answer, mostly qns like 'what do u think makes a gd employer?', 'which ministry is the best?' Jus give politically correct answer but dont fake too much...

No they didnt call up any of my ex bosses. I knw cux I checked with them...

Unregistered 07-08-2013 09:20 PM

whether you are shortlisted or not, mindef would send you the email. so if you have not received the email, they are just processing. dont worry. :)

anyone who went for the interview on monday (for ns relations) got called already? i felt like i didnt do well for my interview, but sometimes you just dont know their criteria...

Unregistered 12-08-2013 04:31 PM

Any questions updates on getting phone calls?

haiz2006 20-08-2013 10:11 AM

Hi all

I have applied for Head(NS relations) as first choice and manager(plans) 2nd choice. With 3 years of private and public experience, I was short listed for PT just 1 day after I sent in application. For NS relations it stated 6 years working experience but I only have 3, but I have vast experience handling Ns men during my service days NsF. Taking NS men too.. How much pay should I expect?

And how would I know what I was short listed for? I am more inclined to the head (Ns relation) position and I forgot one more position I have applied for because I tot that was not important.. Where can I find my application what I have submitted before?

Will my application be expedited if I have done PT and submitted all required documents on actual day? Please help...anybody applied for Head(Ns relations)?
Ya we might be vying the same post but I am okay :)

Unregistered 20-08-2013 02:18 PM

Manager (plans)

Manager (plans)

You assist in developing, managing and reviewing frameworks, systems and processes in the areas of research and technology, knowledge management, technology security and business continuity. You also liaise with various organisations for compilation of reports, prepare annual business plans and reports as well as develop human capital in the capability development community. Your challenge lies in keeping abreast of MINDEF’s policies and processes to provide advice and propose changes.

Requirement

You must have a Degree, preferably in Science or Engineering, with at least 2 years’ working experience in developing frameworks and processes for technology management. Possession of strong communication, analytical, time-management and interpersonal skills is essential.

What is this role really about???

Unregistered 21-08-2013 01:14 AM

I received an email asking me to go for the phsychometric test and I've reverted back to the mentioned personnel stated in the email. I'm a mid career and I think I like the MINDEF job very well eversince I'm out of the RSAF since 2011.

I've the following experiences :
10 Yrs in RSAF regular (Diploma)
Graduated with 2nd Upper, NTU in 2010 and ORD in 2011
A*STAR for 15 months and stats board (11 months)

In total, I've more than 10 years experiences, be it in Diploma level and Graduate level. Can you advise of the possible pay and the grade that I will be getting?