Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 10-08-2015 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeorj Walkah Boosh (Post 71192)
I went down for the site preview on the 29th of July and have not heard from the unit since. What does this mean? Even if I am not selected for the role, will they provide a rejection notice? Thanks a lot :)

it means you can forget about it. 2 weeks is the rule of thumb, any more and it means you arent being considered. mindef doesnt have to inform you, you are the one looking for a job there, they dont owe you anything.

Unregistered 11-08-2015 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70946)
Hi!

Have been reading through the thread for some time now, it actually gave me some sort of reassurance actually to know that I am in a similar situation as others :)

Went for psychometric test on the 08/07 and I only received a call last Friday (31/07) that I was short-listed for a panel interview on 06/08 for 2 positions, 1 of which I did not apply for. Had to submit an essay within 48 hours and I was informed that the day of interview I have another essay to write before the panel interview.

Super nervous about it now.

So really the advice to just wait when there is no news is quite true :)

Applied to be a DXO btw.

Same person who posted this (yeah I did realise after I posted that I didn't state the position but I couldn't edit it).

Just got a call today for unit preview, MINDEF is surprisingly efficient!

Shortlisted for Comms or Policy.

All the best to the rest who are waiting for MINDEF to get back to you :)

Unregistered 11-08-2015 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71312)
Same person who posted this (yeah I did realise after I posted that I didn't state the position but I couldn't edit it).

Just got a call today for unit preview, MINDEF is surprisingly efficient!

Shortlisted for Comms or Policy.

All the best to the rest who are waiting for MINDEF to get back to you :)

Hi! I'd be joining you at the unit preview :) By any chance do you know whether there'd be another round of interview during the site visit?

Unregistered 11-08-2015 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71322)
Hi! I'd be joining you at the unit preview :) By any chance do you know whether there'd be another round of interview during the site visit?

From my experience, its just to show you around the workplace to let you have a feel of what it is like working there should you be the successful candidate. There was a Q and A session with the senior officer, but no actual interview.

Unregistered 11-08-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71322)

From what I gather on the forums, if you pass the unit preview then its just medical and security clearance left :)

When is your unit preview?

Unregistered 11-08-2015 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71324)
From my experience, its just to show you around the workplace to let you have a feel of what it is like working there should you be the successful candidate. There was a Q and A session with the senior officer, but no actual interview.

Hi there, thanks for replying, really appreciate it :) Have a nice day~

Unregistered 11-08-2015 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71325)
From what I gather on the forums, if you pass the unit preview then its just medical and security clearance left :)

When is your unit preview?

Hi, my unit preview is on the 18th of August, at 4:30 p.m. When's yours? :)

Unregistered 11-08-2015 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71328)
Hi, my unit preview is on the 18th of August, at 4:30 p.m. When's yours? :)

Actually mine was 18th at 3.30pm but it got rescheduled twice within an hour to 20th Aug 3.30pm woops.

All the best! :)

Unregistered 12-08-2015 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71354)
Actually mine was 18th at 3.30pm but it got rescheduled twice within an hour to 20th Aug 3.30pm woops.

Thanks! Same to you :) Keep in contact here? ^^

Unregistered 12-08-2015 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71354)

May the best man/woman win