Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 22-07-2015 01:11 PM

Hi, can I ask if psychometric test is after the interview?? Any idea what's questions they will ask during the interview?? TIA!

Unregistered 22-07-2015 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69461)
Based on my own experience.

Psychometric test means u meet the min. criteria (sg citizen, right qualifications). Written test and interview means u passed the psychometric test (capable of logical thinking, no weird personality, have the right experience, skills set they are looking for). Site preview means u are suitable for the job and are among the top 3 candidates (u can ask them during site preview if u are their top choice or their reserve candidate). Security clearance and medical checkup means they want u but conditional on clearing these two. If either of these two fail means u got some criminal prob/financial prob/family prob or severe medical prob that is likely to affect your work so they won't want u in case u become a liability.

After all that. u will sign on the dotted line and it's confirmed.

Entire process can range from 3-6 months from application. In some cases even 9 months if u attend multiple interviews for different positions.

Good luck!

Hi, I was being told that I'm shortlisted for interview but I have yet to go for any test! So what does this mean???

Unregistered 22-07-2015 06:50 PM

what position did u apply for?

I guess some diploma positions no need psycho test?

Unregistered 03-08-2015 12:28 AM

Hi!

Have been reading through the thread for some time now, it actually gave me some sort of reassurance actually to know that I am in a similar situation as others :)

Went for psychometric test on the 08/07 and I only received a call last Friday (31/07) that I was short-listed for a panel interview on 06/08 for 2 positions, 1 of which I did not apply for. Had to submit an essay within 48 hours and I was informed that the day of interview I have another essay to write before the panel interview.

Super nervous about it now.

So really the advice to just wait when there is no news is quite true :)

Applied to be a DXO btw.

Unregistered 03-08-2015 11:18 AM

this is DXO thread.

Of cos you applied for DXO lah.

What position you did not apply and yet they call you?

Unregistered 03-08-2015 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70957)
this is DXO thread.

Of cos you applied for DXO lah.

What position you did not apply and yet they call you?

Of course I can't tell you la, smart alec.

Unregistered 03-08-2015 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70946)
Hi!

Have been reading through the thread for some time now, it actually gave me some sort of reassurance actually to know that I am in a similar situation as others :)

Went for psychometric test on the 08/07 and I only received a call last Friday (31/07) that I was short-listed for a panel interview on 06/08 for 2 positions, 1 of which I did not apply for. Had to submit an essay within 48 hours and I was informed that the day of interview I have another essay to write before the panel interview.

Super nervous about it now.

So really the advice to just wait when there is no news is quite true :)

Applied to be a DXO btw.

Hi! I got the exact same offer and will be going for a panel interview on the same day. Just submitted my online essay too. All the best for the interview! :)

Unregistered 04-08-2015 02:35 PM

Hi! (=

I'm wondering... does MINDEF still email those who didn't pass the psychometric test to let them know? It's been over a month and I think I probably didn't do well for the test since I was so panicky that morning...

Unregistered 05-08-2015 12:42 AM

Yes they do. I received an email from them that I wasn't shortlisted. Think it took a month!

Jeorj Walkah Boosh 08-08-2015 04:46 PM

How long before notification?

I went down for the site preview on the 29th of July and have not heard from the unit since. What does this mean? Even if I am not selected for the role, will they provide a rejection notice? Thanks a lot :)