Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 01-07-2015 11:59 PM

Got shortlisted for an interview for the position that requires degree in comms but mine is a Math degree. What are my chances?

Unregistered 02-07-2015 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69279)
Got shortlisted for an interview for the position that requires degree in comms but mine is a Math degree. What are my chances?

what position?

if it's corp comms/pr type you need to speak/present yourself well, looking good (esp if you're female) doesn't hurt too.

Unregistered 03-07-2015 11:19 AM

Comms

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69279)

Congrats! I also applied for a comms role but havent had any news. Can i ask how long you waited for the reply and also what level of the comms role did you apply for?

Thank you.

Unregistered 04-07-2015 07:59 PM

Chances of getting HR Executive

Just got a HR job in Tuas South and would actually like to know if I have the chance to join MINDEF for their HR Policy Executive (Remuneration) position.

I have just graduated with a 2nd lower biz (major in HR) degree from local uni and it has been tough for me to get into Mercer/Towers Watsons/Carrots consultancy firms for their C&B teams, so I would like to try MINDEF.

This is my profile:
1. Manpower IC during NS
2. Attained rank of CFC
3. Pes C9L3 - Perm excuse RMJ and Heavy load.

Personally, I missed my National Service life where the pace is so much slower as compared to the corporate world. So at least I can have some time to master my excel skills before I jump out.

Just wanted to know, the position stated "tertiary qualification, preferably in Mathematics/Statistics, Finance or Economics with prior work experience in human resource." but they have actually shortlisted me for the psychometric test.

What are the chances for me to actually get the job at the end? I intend to get the job and study for my C&B professional certificate and then try to apply for Mercer/Towers/Carrots again after 3 years into the job. By then my excel skills should be quite god-like already and will be quite conversant in C&B terms.

Thanks in advance for the advises!

Unregistered 04-07-2015 10:02 PM

psychometric test is done for everyone who applies.

you are not short-listed for anything.

the position might already be filled, but you still have to go for psychometric test.

welcome to Mindef.

Unregistered 04-07-2015 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69440)
psychometric test is done for everyone who applies.

you are not short-listed for anything.

the position might already be filled, but you still have to go for psychometric test.

welcome to Mindef.

Thanks for the insight.

Ok then may I know the process must have underwent till which level then will I be considered as shortlisted? (medical checkup etc etc)

Sorry I have no clue at all.

Again, thanks in advance for your assistance!

Unregistered 05-07-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69441)
Thanks for the insight.

Ok then may I know the process must have underwent till which level then will I be considered as shortlisted? (medical checkup etc etc)

Sorry I have no clue at all.

Again, thanks in advance for your assistance!

Based on my own experience.

Psychometric test means u meet the min. criteria (sg citizen, right qualifications). Written test and interview means u passed the psychometric test (capable of logical thinking, no weird personality, have the right experience, skills set they are looking for). Site preview means u are suitable for the job and are among the top 3 candidates (u can ask them during site preview if u are their top choice or their reserve candidate). Security clearance and medical checkup means they want u but conditional on clearing these two. If either of these two fail means u got some criminal prob/financial prob/family prob or severe medical prob that is likely to affect your work so they won't want u in case u become a liability.

After all that. u will sign on the dotted line and it's confirmed.

Entire process can range from 3-6 months from application. In some cases even 9 months if u attend multiple interviews for different positions.

Good luck!

Unregistered 05-07-2015 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69461)
Based on my own experience.

Psychometric test means u meet the min. criteria (sg citizen, right qualifications). Written test and interview means u passed the psychometric test (capable of logical thinking, no weird personality, have the right experience, skills set they are looking for). Site preview means u are suitable for the job and are among the top 3 candidates (u can ask them during site preview if u are their top choice or their reserve candidate). Security clearance and medical checkup means they want u but conditional on clearing these two. If either of these two fail means u got some criminal prob/financial prob/family prob or severe medical prob that is likely to affect your work so they won't want u in case u become a liability.

After all that. u will sign on the dotted line and it's confirmed.

Entire process can range from 3-6 months from application. In some cases even 9 months if u attend multiple interviews for different positions.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for the comprehensive insight of the process flow!

But if lets say during this 3-6 months period there were to have any changes to my prior work experience as I am also in the midst of changing my full-time job now, will the commanders accept the fact that I have changed my job without having included into the application form when I was applying?

Also, if lets say I would like to do a proper handover for like 2-3 months rather than just to serve the minimum notice period and leave irresponsibly, will MINDEF be willing to allow me to put a 2-3 months long notice period? However, I have indicated "Immediately" for the notice period in my application.

Lastly, I last heard from my DX7 ops mdm before I ORD that the minimum criteria for becoming a DXO is Pes C2L2 but I am Pes C9L3 Perm excuse heavy load and RMJ because of an injury sustained in BMT. However, the injury has already stabilised and not giving me much problem for a civilian lifestyle. I could still jog on a regular basis.

I seriously thank you for your time in resolving my queries with your experiences. Thanks again!

Unregistered 07-07-2015 12:07 AM

DXO application

Hey! I applied for the positions of executive (organizational excellence and innovation) and the other related position (organizational and business excellence). I applied on 4th July, got the computer generated reply of being short listed, then on the 29th I will probably be taking the psychometric test :)

Does anyone know what are the roles and responsibilities for these positions? I come from a quality assurance background in my current job ..

Quite excited about this, haha

Unregistered 07-07-2015 07:52 PM

Any of you went for the medical check up? What will they check for?