Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 05-08-2016 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89161)
TBH, that's not a long wait. I got called for interview around 6 weeks after my PT! No news is good news.

Not true, I waited for 7 weeks before I was rejected :/

Unregistered 09-08-2016 11:58 AM

Unit preview

Went for unit preview on 02Aug and till now didn't get any calls, starting to get worried as I gathered most of those who got selected were notified on the day itself or next

Unregistered 09-08-2016 01:39 PM

Dun worry. It could be due to the holidays that replies are abit slow. :)

Unregistered 11-08-2016 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89293)
Went for unit preview on 02Aug and till now didn't get any calls, starting to get worried as I gathered most of those who got selected were notified on the day itself or next

I am in a similar position as well so quite worried... Emailed HR but they said still pending

Unregistered 15-08-2016 04:04 PM

Hi,

I read and many suggested to accumulate some working experience by working for few years first then apply and u might get a higher chance then..

Are their mindset on considering or even hiring fresh graduates still the same as old times where private degrees are less favorable to a local uni degree..

Cause i find it really no point to actually start DXO career at a mid age.. To me, its more like either i start early or late..

Unregistered 15-08-2016 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89502)
Hi,

I read and many suggested to accumulate some working experience by working for few years first then apply and u might get a higher chance then..

Are their mindset on considering or even hiring fresh graduates still the same as old times where private degrees are less favorable to a local uni degree..

Cause i find it really no point to actually start DXO career at a mid age.. To me, its more like either i start early or late..

I'm a local uni degree holder in accountancy (merit pass only). Does DXO only take local degree holders with honors?

In regards to the above quote, if u start in civil service too early, could be one might get bored cos things move slow in there. If you start too late like after 35, might not be able to get in?

Unregistered 15-08-2016 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89502)
Hi,

No, instead for my side, there's actually a few fresh grad new dxos. So I would say it's not much about the experience, but of course your pay might be judged by that lack though.

Unregistered 17-08-2016 02:02 AM

Hi,

I was just submitting my application on the ns portal site when the site went down for system maintenance. So I don't know if my application got submitted. Do y'all receive any email notification informing you that they have received your online application? I am not sure if I should do it again.

Thanks!

Unregistered 17-08-2016 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89558)
Hi,

I was just submitting my application on the ns portal site when the site went down for system maintenance. So I don't know if my application got submitted. Do y'all receive any email notification informing you that they have received your online application? I am not sure if I should do it again.

Thanks!

By right they will send an autogenerated email.

Unregistered 17-08-2016 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89509)
I'm a local uni degree holder in accountancy (merit pass only). Does DXO only take local degree holders with honors?

In regards to the above quote, if u start in civil service too early, could be one might get bored cos things move slow in there. If you start too late like after 35, might not be able to get in?

nope. MINDEF do take in local pass degrees too. I am one of them. Your future boss will interview you and if they like what they see, they will recruit you.When you can reach the interview stage, it means the HR already deem you as qualified for the job, subjected to selection only.

starting in the service early and you get bored, it shows this job is not for you. i joined as a fresh grad and i find it immensely challenging. and nope, if you have the skills set they require, they will also take you in regardless of age. some job scopes requires technical knowledge and experience.