Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 24-03-2015 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64004)
From my knowledge i saw at least 5 applicants including me.

It was a panel interview with a COL, LTC, (2 males) and G5 army, finance, HR ( 3 females).
They were very pleased with my interview, were smiling and delighted throughout. When i asked if there was any more interview. They said they were decisive in recruiting lol! At the end they also asked about pending jobs do i have.

Applied for position: somewhere mid Jan
Psychometric test: 4 Feb
Interview: 17 feb
Medical check Up: 12 March

Basically every stage need to take 2 to 3 weeks to process. Then the HR will call u and arrange a date. Basically from no news = good news.

No news = good news? You're certain that's how MINDEF operates? Haha. I'm currently in a 'no news' stage and I'm wondering if that's a good thing.

Unregistered 24-03-2015 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64535)
No news = good news? You're certain that's how MINDEF operates? Haha. I'm currently in a 'no news' stage and I'm wondering if that's a good thing.

Depends on how long your "no news" stage has been...

Unregistered 25-03-2015 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64540)

What if it's been a week or so since my last correspondence with MINDEF? Good or bad news, MINDEF HR will get back to you at the end of the day right?

Unregistered 25-03-2015 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64004)
From my knowledge i saw at least 5 applicants including me.

It was a panel interview with a COL, LTC, (2 males) and G5 army, finance, HR ( 3 females).
They were very pleased with my interview, were smiling and delighted throughout. When i asked if there was any more interview. They said they were decisive in recruiting lol! At the end they also asked about pending jobs do i have.

Applied for position: somewhere mid Jan
Psychometric test: 4 Feb
Interview: 17 feb
Medical check Up: 12 March

Basically every stage need to take 2 to 3 weeks to process. Then the HR will call u and arrange a date. Basically from no news = good news.

Nice! Does this mean that you've gotten the job already? (:

Unregistered 25-03-2015 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64563)
What if it's been a week or so since my last correspondence with MINDEF? Good or bad news, MINDEF HR will get back to you at the end of the day right?

i think one week is reasonable. some ppl waited for months. i myself waited for 2mths after the psychometric test. give them more time!

Unregistered 26-03-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64569)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64569)
i think one week is reasonable. some ppl waited for months. i myself waited for 2mths after the psychometric test. give them more time!

Have you completed the other interview stages? How long did you wait between each stage?

Can waiting a long time for a response further down the interview process be an indication that something might have gone wrong?

Unregistered 26-03-2015 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64567)
Nice! Does this mean that you've gotten the job already? (:

yes if i passed my medical, but they still have not got back to me

Unregistered 26-03-2015 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64580)
Have you completed the other interview stages? How long did you wait between each stage?

Can waiting a long time for a response further down the interview process be an indication that something might have gone wrong?

the minimum is 2 to 4 weeks. Dont worry lol. Maybe the position u applied for have not enough ppl so they waiting for more ppl to apply.

Unregistered 26-03-2015 07:49 PM

Hey guys!
I just went for DXO interview today which is exactly 2 weeks after my psychometric test. Does anyone have an idea as to what is the general passing rate in the interview? And roughly how long it takes for us to know the outcome?

Unregistered 26-03-2015 09:54 PM

Hi guys, does anyone know how long it takes after a site preview before HR will get back to us?